Help wanted for this Sunday 5th

More
9 years 6 months ago #8018 by Brian Mc
Help wanted for this Sunday 5th was created by Brian Mc
Hi all,

As you might be award, Aideen C is coaching a course of women's beginners' classes in October.

More info at www.orwellwheelers.org/news-and-events/7...-beginner-spins-2014

Each morning requires a number of helpers, and while we've plenty for most weeks, we've only got one person available to help out this Sunday, the 5th. With that in mind, it would be great if we could get some assistance from anyone else in the club. We're expecting about 15 participants.

If anybody is around and can lend a hand, it would be gratefully accepted. Just drop me a mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and let me know so we can plan accordingly.

Aideen will be providing direction and coaching, so there's very little work involved - if you've ridden a bike in a group before, you're qualified. More experienced riders will of course be more useful, but all welcome - to mind the group and shepherd them on the road, and create a welcome and friendly atmosphere.

Hope to see you Sunday! o/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #8021 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Help wanted for this Sunday 5th
Brian

Is this group of beginners different to the other beginer groups that are going to Corkagh this Sunday. Does it not make more sense to have the one section of begineers.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #8022 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Help wanted for this Sunday 5th
Like the link says this is for even more beginnery beginners. It's aiming to get them to the standard after 4 weeks where they can join the beginner's white groups. So the standard required to join it is significantly lower than that required for our white beginner's group.

It's also women only. Which some people can find less intimidating. Being a man, I'd find it more ;)

It's also not just for Orwell people, it's for women interested in getting into club cycling who may or may not then join Orwell.

Knowing someone who is planning to join this it's different - and for her better - than the planned white beginner spins. If I wasn't minding my kids all weekend while the missus is in college I'd love to volunteer for this. I think it's a great initiative.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Greg Farrell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #8023 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Help wanted for this Sunday 5th

Brian

Is this group of beginners different to the other beginer groups that are going to Corkagh this Sunday. Does it not make more sense to have the one section of begineers.

Yes, they are different. One is made up entirely of beginners who are all women. You can read about it at www.orwellwheelers.org/news-and-events/7...-beginner-spins-2014
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Brian Mc.

More
9 years 6 months ago #8027 by Aideen Keenan
Replied by Aideen Keenan on topic Help wanted for this Sunday 5th
I'm down to lead a yellow spin on Sunday but can change to ladies' beginner spin if someone can cover the yellow spin spot? Anyone able to swap?

More
9 years 6 months ago #8028 by Siobhan O'Connor
Replied by Siobhan O'Connor on topic Help wanted for this Sunday 5th
Sorry, I won't be able to help, as I'm down for one of the two mixed beginner groups leaving this Sunday.

More
9 years 6 months ago #8037 by Arek Pierozynski
Replied by Arek Pierozynski on topic Help wanted for this Sunday 5th
I'll be there, providing I don't sleep in. What's the route?

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds