Dark Orange / Light Red on 26-10 - Write up

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #8198 by Jules De Meester
Dark Orange / Light Red on 26-10 - Write up was created by Jules De Meester
I am "leading" an "Dark orange/ light red" group tomorrow. We'll leave from Joe Daly's at 8:30 and cycle to the park as a group. I'll leave after all Reds have left but before Orange. I'm planning on doing this every 4 weeks when the Oranges start at the park. So it will make it easier to move up for Oranges. I don't think we will do a coffee stop, at least not a long sit down one.

I contacted all Orange sign-ups if they are interested in joining my group. Some are, some replied they might not be ready yet and will try in 4 weeks.

I think that there will be a few "dying Lights" reds that want to join the group, this is fine, but we will keep an average of 28-29kph.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jules De Meester.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #8215 by Jules De Meester
Replied by Jules De Meester on topic Dark Orange / Light Red on 26-10 - Write up
We went out with the dark orange group yesterday (not sure where that fits with the fizzy orange, club orange and miwadi orange). 13 from 4 different nationalities rolled-out from the park. We had some issues getting to Clonee, which was partially to blame to our leader who in his turn blamed his Garmin.

Thanks to Gerry, we recovered and found our way to Clonee. We passed Stephen’s group on the way and Sarah liked the look of that group better so she jumped ship.

Unfortunately our road captain Gerry turned off at Clonee, luckily Colm stepped up to be our new road captain. From Clonee we were flying, leaving another Orange group in our dust. We had our first mechanical just after that, so Barry’s group passed us again.

We started doing up-and-overs every minute to get back to them, working well together into the wind. When we had them in sight they turned off diverting from the route.They must have sensed we were hot on their heels.

Shortly after that we had our second mechanical, which gave us our third and last encounter with an Orwell group. Ken and his Reds flew past us, I think it was at that moment that most in our group decided they are not quite ready for the Reds.

After that we kept working together well until we hit Clonee again.After that... let’s just say the navigation skills didn't improve on the way back to the park.

We made it back to the cross as a group where a final dash for the line was won by Freddie.

90 kilometres in total, in which we averaged 28.8kph from the start to finish. On the fast part between Clonee and Clonee we averaged 29.7kph.

In our group yesterday: Cian ?(needs to sign-up) Colm B, Robert O M, Constantin B, Gerry K, Niall K, Cormac R, John B, Alex L, Freddie S. and Ronan F.

Jules

In the picture the moment when we had our second mechanical.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Jules De Meester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronan Foley, Stephen Ryan, Ken O'Neill, John Anslow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.857 seconds