Spinning/Bike Fit/Nutrition/VO2-Lactate Tests

More
9 years 5 months ago #8352 by Garret Connolly
Spinning/Bike Fit/Nutrition/VO2-Lactate Tests was created by Garret Connolly
Hi all

had a few queries by email, phone and in person last night at the Club Info Night about what is required on preparation etc for overseas events like Marmottes, Etapes and Raid Pyrenees.
Lots of interest in all these super tough endurance events and the Orwell representation across all 3 will probably hit 50+ in 2015.

I've been in touch with various people and groups about getting Orwell rates on a variety of things that will help you get in shape for any of the tougher endurance events like the overseas ones....

VO2-Lactate Threshold Testing
Dave Carroll arranged an Orwell rate for DCU sports science dept of €90 down from €120. Leave a post here for Dave Carroll or email him on Dave Carroll <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; to arrange contact.
I spoke to Romain Denis of UCD sports dept and he's offering the tests for €95 down from €120. You need to contact direct on Romain Denis <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; to arrange. Mention Orwell rate when booking. A lot of us did these tests pre Marmotte last year and I found them the most valuable training tool around. Fully recommend doing them in either UCD or DCU.

Spinning Classes
A lot of us use Andy Kenny King of the Mountains Spinning Class on Tues/Wed and Thursday nights from 730-9pm. You can do a full class or stay for 45mins. Most of us find Andy's Classes brilliant and a huge part of winter and spring training regime. He's based in Grand Canal Dock just off Pearse St so it's very centrally located too. Andy runs a loyalty card scheme of your 6th class free after visiting 5 times so it's excellent value at €12 for the 1.5hrs. He also provides a free 1st class trial for all newbies. Just mention you're from Orwell. The free trial runs from now until January.
andykennyfitness.ie/fitness-classes-dubl...ning-classes-dublin/

Bike Fitting
Orwell's own Bike Fitting and Coach extraordinaire Aidan Hammond has agreed to do a rate for Orwell cyclist on bike fitting that will help keep you fit, injury free and max your power output as you train throughout the winter and spring and bring your riding in the Summer to a whole new level. Contact him on:
Aidan Hammond Bikefitting Ireland
www.bikefittingireland.com
NMT Therapist
Level 3 Cycling Ireland Coach
Cycling Ireland Coach Tutor
PH: 01 2765715 087 9641167
Orwell rate is €100 down from €120 for all those attempting the Marmotte, Etape or Raid. He's also the go to man if you want 1 on 1 coaching.

Nutrition Seminar/Training
I'm waiting to hear back from a variety of options on this but I'm looking to get a group price on Nutrition 1 on 1 and/or a nutrition/cooking demo asap. Will report back when I have the details.

Hope some of this helps

Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Stephen Hayden, Colm Egan, Kieran Doohan, Ronan Gill, Fergal Quinn, Robert Tully, Ken O'Neill, Kilian Doyle, Maeve Quigley, Shane Phelan, Colin Caesar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds