International UCI License

• Nick Watson
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 months ago #8416 by Nick Watson
International UCI License was created by Nick Watson
Hi, has anyone ever applied for an International License before*? The info online isn't very clear in my opinion. Just looking for where to sign up and what else is required. I saw something about additional insurance being required?

* I've no great delusions of hitting Belgium ... just in Canada at the moment and would like to take in a couple of the 3 day races next year in Ireland when back for a week or 2. Only a short drive from Montreal to Vermont too.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #8417 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic International UCI License
When you are applying for your new licence there will be a check box to the right hand side of the Licence selection panel, labelled "International licence required". Check that box.

You will then need to upload a mugshot type photo- you'll get a prompt for that somewhere along the way.

The International authorisation costs an extra €20, making the full price of the licence €145.

You may also need to get a letter of authorisation from the office, depending on the specific races you will be doing. In theory you are supposed to have it for any foreign race you enter, but in practice unless you are riding UCI ranked races you are very unlikely to be asked for it.

You can apply for a letter of authorisation through the Cycling Ireland "contact us" form, Contact us> Membership and licences> International licences and letters. They are usually very prompt in replying there, and they will e-mail the letter out to you as a PDF so you can print it yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diarmuid Collins

• Nick Watson
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 months ago #8421 by Nick Watson
Replied by Nick Watson on topic International UCI License
Thanks Dave, I had a feeling you would know!

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds