Martin Vereker RIP

More
9 years 3 months ago #8497 by Neal Hudson
Martin Vereker RIP was created by Neal Hudson
From the St. Tiernan's website:

St. Tiernan’s today has lost a great cyclist, a great friend and a great clubmate in Martin Vereker, following his passing after a training run last night.

We were all so proud of his achievements, tenacity and desire to contribute to the club, all this highlighted perfectly by the determined ride he put in to lead St. Tiernan’s to the team win at the A3 National Championships.

Not one member of this team was not excited by his plans for 2015 and we will all miss riding with him, racing with him, and having him as a friend. We send our thoughts and prayers to his partner Erica and his young family and all his loved ones.

We hope he is always up the road ahead of us, where he was during his life and forever more.

Martin was a very strong cyclist and a fierce competitor - whenever I saw him on the start line I knew it was going to be a tough race, he never gave up. When the race was over though rivalries were put to one side and he was always up for a chat.

My last memory of Martin will have been last Saturday, I was heading off on a solo spin and met him on the way out. He welcomed me onto the St. Tiernan's training spin, and we chatted about the season just gone and where the training was at. Can't believe this news

Thoughts are with his family, RIP Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Aidan Collins, Brian Mc, Diarmuid Collins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #8498 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Martin Vereker RIP
Just to echo what Neal said - having raced against him countless times over the last few years, Martin was always one to keep an eye on during the race, but the friendliest and loveliest guy off it.

Shocking news, sympathies to his family.

More
9 years 3 months ago #8499 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic Martin Vereker RIP
Terrible news. I too, met Martin a number of times while racing. Friendly guy, who was well able to get over the steep stuff. Sympathies to his family and friends.

• Nick Watson
9 years 3 months ago #8501 by Nick Watson
Replied by Nick Watson on topic Martin Vereker RIP
Shared a B&B with Martin and Colm Tobin at the Ras Chonamara in 2013 and his company and banter were the highlights of that weekend for me. Really sad news. RIP.

More
9 years 3 months ago #8504 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Martin Vereker RIP
Funeral details: rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=241352/MartinVEREKER/Dublin

Reposing at Fanagans Funeral Home, 54 Aungier St., Dublin 2 on Sunday (Dec 7) and on Monday (Dec 8) prior to his Removal to the Church of the Annunciation, Rathfarnham arriving at 6 o’c. Funeral Mass on Tuesday (Dec 9) at 10 o’c. Family flowers only please.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds