Cook Yourself Sporty

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #8887 by Stephen Ryan
Cook Yourself Sporty was created by Stephen Ryan
Mar 4th - 1 space available - we need to give final numbers tomorrow so let me know asap if interested

Feb 24th: This class is now full - see post below for details on paying and wait list.

COOK YOURSELF SPORTY – COOKING AND NUTRITION CLASS(ES)

Before a training spin, a sportive or a race, should we carb load, or eat protein and/or avoid fat? And what about during and recovery? Looking for some ideas – well, we thought it would be a good idea to get some practical professional guidance, through an interactive, hands-on, fun & food filled forum [try saying that after the next social]

When: March 9th. From 18.30 to 21.00.
If the demand is there we can schedule another class. Min needed for a class is 12, max is 22.

Where: Borlottie , 4A Excise Walk, IFSC, Dublin 1. deelitefull.ie/services-2/cookery-classes-at-borlottie/

Open to: All members.

What is it:
The focus of the class is taking nutrition info, making it uncomplicated and turning it into quick, easy and most importantly tasty dishes. Generally at the classes, I focus on lunches, dinners and snacks i.e. ideas pre and post training along with actual ‘race’ day. I can incorporate some additional information on Endurance nutrition. If there were any particular areas people were struggling with or wanted additional information, you can let me know in advance and we may be able to cover. If time won’t allow us, I generally send additional information and links around after the class.

The classes are interactive and good fun, there is time for any questions as we go. You will don an apron and roll up your sleeves! With a like-minded gang attending from the club, it’s guaranteed to be a good laugh.

Cost: The cost per person is €50 €40 - the Leisure Group will subsidise €10 a head - and includes recipes, nutrition hand-outs, and plenty to eat on the night!

Who: Dee Daly, Dee is a Nutritionist, Chef, Educator, Presenter. deelitefull.ie/about-dee/

How to Register:

Please register your interest using the following link.
[hidePoll closed[/hide]

No money required for now
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Stephen Ryan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Blennerhassett, Aishling O'Connor, Helen Horan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #8889 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic COOK YOURSELF SPORTY – COOKING AND NUTRITION CLASS
Great stuff stephen
Can't wait. I did a 3 night course last year with dee pre marmotte and was brilliant and delish too. I've registered there now and would highly recommend to all interested in improving your cycling through nutrition
Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

More
9 years 1 month ago #8890 by Danny Moriarty
Replied by Danny Moriarty on topic COOK YOURSELF SPORTY – COOKING AND NUTRITION CLASS
Great Idea

I cant make Mon 9th March (or most Mondays until Easter) - would be interested if auxillary demand for alternative night.

Thanks
Danny

More
9 years 1 month ago #8899 by Bernadette Tansey-Daly
Replied by Bernadette Tansey-Daly on topic COOK YOURSELF SPORTY – COOKING AND NUTRITION CLASS
Hi Stephen,
Would love to do this course but sadly I'm still working in the UK Mon - Thurs. Any chance there might be a weekend course running any time? B

More
9 years 1 month ago #8911 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic COOK YOURSELF SPORTY – COOKING AND NUTRITION CLASS
Hi Bernie
sorry to hear you can't make it. It promises to be a great night. Unlikely to be a weekend course anytime soon as you need to take over the whole restaurant and kitchen and unlikely to get a restaurant that will allow that on a Friday or Saturday night....
Fyi Everyone else-only 4 spots left on this class...18 booked which is fab but it's 22 max.
If demand is there for a further one later in the season we can organise a 2nd night.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone to transform their cycling from continually struggling and bonking to winning the Tour de France 7 years in a row drug free....terms and conditions may apply....
Getting your nutrition right is biggest obstacle to overcome for most people in their training and this night will go a long way to helping you out.
This is a great night out and loads of hands on cooking and more importantly eating. There will be usually 5/6 meals cooked on the night so you'll be leaving the class stuffed with food as well as nutrition advise and fab recipes on how to cook yourself sporty. Registration link in Stephen's message earlier.
Let me know if you have any questions
Garret

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #8950 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic COOK YOURSELF SPORTY – COOKING AND NUTRITION CLASS
We have 22 people signed up for this class,

Stephen Ryan
Helen Horan
Diarmuid Donnelly
Garret Connolly
Stephen O Shea
John Blennerhassett
Derek Handley
Aishling OConnor
Jackie Smith
Dave Carroll
Eoin Lennon
Greg O'Donnell
David Maher
Myra Monaghan
Kathryn O'Connor
Peter Grealis
Kevin Connaire
Jonny O'Reilly
Maeve O Donnell
Brian Mc
Adrian Farrell
Siobhain Duggan

+ Nicole Bork
+ Grainne Murphy
If you would like to be wait listed please post below.

For those going , the cost is €40 per head , with the Leisure Group adding €10 ph. You can pay on the night.

You may cancel with no cost up until Wednesday 4th March. After that if you need to cancel you will need to find a sub or pay up , as your provisions are being ordered.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Stephen Ryan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin Connaire

More
9 years 1 month ago #8963 by Nicole Bork
I'd love to go too. Could u put me on the wait list please? I could also come that night if somebody has to pull out short notice. Sounds so so interesting!
Thanks a mil,
Nicole :-)

• Eoin Lennon
9 years 3 weeks ago #8993 by Eoin Lennon
Hi Stephen,

I'm afraid I will have to drop out of this due to work commitments, so if you can take me off the list that would be great!

Thanks,
Eoin

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #8995 by Nicole Bork
Replied by Nicole Bork on topic Cook Yourself Sporty – Now FULL
Hiya, I'll take Derek's space. I just spoke to him and he won't be able to make it either. Therefore it seems that the spot offered here is still available.

See you all on Monday! Sounds very interesting.
Take care,
Nicole

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #9002 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cook Yourself Sporty – Now FULL
Grainne has got the last spot - so this is full.

If you do need to pull out please find a sub for yourself or we will have to charge you as the food is being ordered today.

• Rheda Donnelly
9 years 3 weeks ago #9018 by Rheda Donnelly
Replied by Rheda Donnelly on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
I can make Monday 9th if there are still places left.
thanks

Rheda Donnelly

• Rheda Donnelly
9 years 3 weeks ago #9019 by Rheda Donnelly
Replied by Rheda Donnelly on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
too slow!
please let me know if you re-run a similar course

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #9022 by Jonathan O'Reilly
Replied by Jonathan O'Reilly on topic Cook Yourself Sporty - directions for Monday
Hi All,
Below from Dee about what (not) to bring on Monday (tyre levers are very useful for stirring) along with directions. Reminder that it is from 18h30 and we get fed.

I reckon there are already 8 or so who have expressed interest in attending but who cannot make this class, and hopefully we'll get the min. 12 required. Will check in with Stephen and we'll post further on that.

Cheers, Jonny
==============================================================
Hi Folks

Look forward to seeing you on Monday for Deelitefull cookery class

You don't need to bring anything bar a pen. My aim is for my classes to be informative but also fun. Anyone who feels they have very limited cooking skills, don't worry their will be no Gordon Ramsey shouting in my classes ;-)

Directions to Borlottie ( restaurant where classes take place)

Address is 4 Excise Walk, IFSC, Dublin 1

We are located on pedestrian walkway that runs down the side of the Spencer Hotel (formerly Clarion Hotel )and the National College of Ireland on Mayor Square.

We are between another cafe Seven Wonders and a small Marks and Spencers. Big glass front.
Here is a map and some pics of restaurant so you know what to look for:

www.borlottie.ie/contact

If you are driving , its best to park in IFSC car park, Turn up at The Jurys Inn on the quays and its here on the left. However at weekend there may be more available parking on the street.

Public Transport - Pearse St Dart or Connolly Dart are both quite close.
The red Luas line will drop you virtually outside our door - Get off at Mayor Square stop

Any further questions let me know

If you get lost , please don't hesitate to call on my mobile 0872368646

Dee

Phone: 087 236 8646

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.deelitefull.ie
Become a fan on facebook:
www.facebook.com/pages/deelitefull/177345940988
Twitter : deelitefullcook
Check out my blog: deelitefull.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Stephen Ryan, Kevin Connaire, Siobhain Duggan

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9049 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
Great class last night - good fun, and I definitely learned at least one new skill, not to mention a couple of recipes that I might actually use!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen O'Shea

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9060 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
I just emailed out the notes from Dee

If you are one of
Dave Maher,
Grainne Murphy
Siobhan Duggan
Kathryn O’Connor
Maeve O’Donnell

I didn't have your email address - can you e-mail me @ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll send them on to you.

Thanks

Thanks

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9061 by Emma Perry
Replied by Emma Perry on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
Hi Stephen, if your planning on running another class please put me on the list:)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9064 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
I've heard second hand that there are a few people interested if there was another session of this course.

We need a minimum of 12

The only ones I know of for certain are

Danny Moriarty
Bernie Tansey (Friday or Saturdays only - which is do-able)
Rheda Donnelly
Emma Perry
Judith Byrne

If there are others can you post below please?

Thanks

Stephen

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9068 by Ivan O'Brien
Replied by Ivan O'Brien on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
I'd be on, but not for a Monday: if only all club stuff wasn't on Mondays I'd make some of them!

More
9 years 1 week ago #9123 by Emma Perry
Replied by Emma Perry on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
Tks Stephen, I'll spread the word with the 200k training group tomorrow:)

More
9 years 5 days ago #9134 by Sarah Buckley
Replied by Sarah Buckley on topic Cook Yourself Sporty
Hi Stephen. I'd be interested in going along if there's another session being run. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds