Good Battery/Dynamo? Lights - Paris Brest Paris

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #11440 by Danny Moriarty
Good Battery/Dynamo? Lights - Paris Brest Paris was created by Danny Moriarty
Hi All,
I completed the qualifiers for PBP using several rechargeable lights - these were a good option for one night of riding but it is not sustainable for three!

Has anyone (perhaps from the winter hills group?) got a loan of or recommend a good front light ..............I suspect I need 200 lumens or more...............preferably AA batteries........ I can pack spare batteries and buy some on the route if necessary.

Thanks
Danny
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Danny Moriarty.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #11445 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Good Battery/Dynamo? Lights - Paris Brest Paris
If you'll promise to take good care of my precious then I can loan you a really good dynamo front light and a dynamo front wheel to power it.

I'm on my phone now so can't look up the exact model but it's one of the very best dynamo lights. I've been up the Featherbeds in the pitch black with it no bother.

The wheel is an ultegra level Shimano. Low drag, and it has a mavic A719 touring rim if I recall correctly.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Greg Farrell.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #11446 by Greg Farrell
Replied by Greg Farrell on topic Good Battery/Dynamo? Lights - Paris Brest Paris
It's a Son Edelux II. I had a video of it but the link doesn't work any more. Easy enough to Google images of the beam though

More
8 years 8 months ago #11448 by Danny Moriarty
Replied by Danny Moriarty on topic Good Battery/Dynamo? Lights - Paris Brest Paris
Cheers Greg - seems like a great offer. I will of course look after all gear - the road surface on PBP is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Can I give you a call today at some stage about it my number is
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers
Danny

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #11450 by Greg Farrell
Hi Danny. Wheel is either 32 or 36 spokes. I won't be around tonight but can confirm which it is tomorrow. It's a reliable long distance touring wheel with standard DT Swiss double butted spokes. So, easy to get replacements and should still be ridable if a spoke goes.

Light mounts on the fork at the brakes. I mounted it myself on my bike but I can't picture exactly how it was done. I'll be at home tomorrow night in Rathmines if you want to take a look. I took it off for the summer so you're welcome to try it well in advance of PBP.

More
8 years 8 months ago #11455 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic Good Battery/Dynamo? Lights - Paris Brest Paris
hey Danny congrats on qualifying for PBP!! brilliant stuff, BRAVO!
great youll have the dynamo front wheel from Greg, I used to have one for cycling over the gap in the winter but I'm not as mad as that anymore ,would you believe

More
8 years 8 months ago #11462 by Greg Farrell
It's got 36 spokes, I checked.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds