Pilates for cyclists

More
8 years 7 months ago #12397 by Brian Mc
Pilates for cyclists was created by Brian Mc
Late post from the Pyrenees... some of you may know or have been a client of Karen Doyle, physical therapist. She's offering Orwell members an exclusive discount on a new course of PIlates classes. See below from Karen...

I am a Physical Therapist and Pilates instructor and I am running a Pilates class in St Tiernans Community School targeted at sportspeople. The objective of the class is to develop or improve core strength, but also to address areas of common muscular weakness that leads to injuries I see in the clinic such as in the knee.

I worked with the Irish Track Squad for 4 years up to 2012 and continue to work with many cyclists and triathletes in my clinic. I would have a good knowledge of a cyclists body and the areas to strengthen to support injury free cycling.

The class commences on Thursday 24th Sept and there are beginner and intermediate classes. I have more information on my website here: www.mapleclinic.ie/left-menu/pilates-for-sport.htm

It's normally €72 for the course, but she's offering it to Orwell members for €60, which is the equivalent of one free class. If you're interested, get in touch with Karen via www.mapleclinic.ie/left-menu/pilates-for-sport.htm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #13665 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Pilates for cyclists
Karen is starting a new course, with a new offer for Orwell members!

I'm running a beginners/improvers Pilates for Sport class at 7pm commencing Thurs 14th Jan. It runs for 8 weeks and is €80. The objective of the class is to develop or improve core strength, but also to address areas of common muscular weakness that leads to injuries I see in the clinic such as in the knee. There is more information here: www.mapleclinic.ie/pilates-mc/

As part of the course, I'm offering Orwell members a free core and functional assessment prior to the class i.e. assess hip, knee and core movement and identify imbalances or particular areas of weakness which they could then focus on during the class. It would take approx. 45-50minutes in the clinic here in Booterstown.

I know a few people signed up for the first term, so they can post opinions if they like.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds