Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland

More
8 years 5 months ago #13035 by Denis Gleeson
In keeping with the Clubs vision for the future of our Youth and Junior cyclists. We wish to offer club members the chance to participate in a draw for entry to a Sportive and Banquet on 14th November. This sportive and banquet are part of the Emerald Fund emeraldfund.ie/

This new venture has been established by Cannondale-Garmin Professional Dan Martin, Irish cycling commentator Cian Lynch and David O Connell of Blue Gate Sports.

The idea of the fund came from a conversation between all three parties about what could be done to help support the next generation of Irish cyclists. Out of this conversation the Emerald Fund was born……

The aim is to raise funds through events like the Emerald Sportive and Emerald Banquet which will go towards supporting our up and coming riders.

In January of each year the Emerald fund committee will meet to go through all applications made to the fund and decide who will be supported for the that coming year. The committee is made up of the who’s who of Irish junior cycling and covers the entire island.

Orwell Wheelers has purchased a table for 10 people at the banquet. The normal price for the ticket is €100. The places at this table will be included in a draw among club members. To be included in the draw all you have to do is go to the Emerald fund site and make a donation emeraldfund.ie/donations/ of €10. Please enter your name and also insert “Orwell” in the message box. When you have done that please post a reply to this message on the forum and your name will be included in the draw. The cut off time to ensure you are entered in the draw will be 5:00pm this Saturday (7th Nov).

Tickets will be also be on sale at the away weekend on Saturday and the draw for places will take place after the meal in Nenagh.

All winners will be notified by Monday at latest.

For anyone who is not successful in the draw or who would like to be guaranteed a seat at the banquet, can book a single place at a cost of €100. Just go to the emeraldfund.ie/ and purchase your ticket under “Emerald banquet”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen O'Shea, Donal O'Connor, Andrew Potts, Darragh Connolly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13038 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
Great idea Denis
I'm in for the draw
Garret
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson

More
8 years 5 months ago #13039 by BarryR
I'm in.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13042 by Brian Mc
Done! Great idea Denis.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13043 by Stephen O'Shea
Replied by Stephen O'Shea on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
All done I am in the hat ...Please enter this teammates .A sportive ..dancing ,food ,wine with Dan Martin, Ryan Mullen, Damien Shaw, Eddie Dunbar, Lydia Boylan and the great Sean Kelly.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13044 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
That's me in, Denis

More
8 years 5 months ago #13050 by Paul Kane
Replied by Paul Kane on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I'm in.
Fingers crossed now

More
8 years 5 months ago #13051 by Eileen Byrne
Replied by Eileen Byrne on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
Top class idea. In x 2.

Thank you.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13054 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I'm in!

More
8 years 5 months ago #13059 by Dave Murnane
Replied by Dave Murnane on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I'm in.
Anyone interested in the Sportive on Sat 14th ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Donal O'Connor

More
8 years 5 months ago #13060 by Eugène SKIL
Replied by Eugène SKIL on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I'm in too! ya the sportive we could have a great Orwell group - how about it??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Donal O'Connor

More
8 years 5 months ago #13062 by Neal Hudson
Replied by Neal Hudson on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I'm in

More
8 years 5 months ago #13066 by Andrew Potts
Replied by Andrew Potts on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I,m i Dennis . Thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #13075 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
I'm in Denis.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13125 by Denis Gleeson
Replied by Denis Gleeson on topic Help the future generation of cyclist in Ireland
Thanks to everyone who entered the draw to support the Emerald Fund. As a club we had a great response to this appeal.

There were 14 entered through the Forum and a further 56 entered at the weekend in Nenagh.

There were ten places available and the draw took place after the meal in Nenagh. Due to the great response from our members on the Forum we decided to offer two places to those who entered on line. The remaining eight places were available to those at the away weekend.

However on the night there was a great number of people who after winning asked for their prize to be put back in the hat. This was duly done. However this has led to a small discrepancy on my part. In the confusion on the night I omitted to register one of the changes of name and I now have a place at the table and nobody to fill that place.

I am now appealing to whoever it was to come forward. I can confirm it was a women and if she can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I will ensure she gets her ticket. I feel like “Buttons” from the Pantomime Cinderella. So come forward Cinders you will go to the Banquet.

The results of the draw are:

Forum
Garret Connolly
Brian Ahern

Nenagh
Lucy Soden
Colm Agnew
Rachel Glendon
Colm Featherstone
Mary Brady
Sinead Kennedy
Stephen Terry