BMX taster session February 2016

More
8 years 3 months ago #13321 by Valdis Andersons
BMX taster session February 2016 was created by Valdis Andersons
In the best of traditions of doing something different from time to time in the winter months an idea has been put forward to have a BMX taster session for adults in one of the first Saturdays in February.

The session would be geared towards novices and absolute beginners who might have never been on a BMX bike, let alone a proper BMX track. That doesn't exclude anyone with more experience to take part though, you're more than welcome, especially if you have your own equipment or even spare stuff that you can bring along.

Equipment (full face helmet and bike) is provided at the track, there are a total of seven adult size bikes there. If you have your own BMX bike please bring it along, the more bikes we have on the day the less standing around we will have to do. We will try to swap the bikes around if there are more interested than there are bikes. From experience it would take two laps at most in a row to get someone out of breath.

The track is located in St. Catherine's Park, Lucan, Co. Dublin. Google Maps link:

www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zGeZfrPtR3sQ.kmf7CFo7Fh6o

The proposed dates could be the 6th or the 13th of February. Both dates are Saturdays to avoid clashing with the Sunday spins. It would be a 2h session from 10am till 12 noon.

Money wise there would be a suggested contribution of 5 EUR per rider that would go towards the BMX tracks maintenance efforts.

If you are interested in going then please state it below and add your preferred date (6th or 13th February) as well please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Declan Quigley, Brian Mc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #13322 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic BMX taster session February 2016
Cool idea! Either date for me at the moment. Fair play.

More
8 years 3 months ago #13323 by Ivan O'Brien
Replied by Ivan O'Brien on topic BMX taster session February 2016
If you have knee and elbow pads and good full hand gloves, I suggest you bring them along. Just the voice of experience after yesterday's kiddie session ... it's great fun, do go along!

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #13329 by Paul Kane
Replied by Paul Kane on topic BMX taster session February 2016
Count me in for the 6th.
If you require extra bikes, I should be able to get a hold of some that are going unused at that time of year. They won't be race specific but should do the job.
Paul
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Paul Kane.

More
8 years 3 months ago #13332 by Eric Downey
Replied by Eric Downey on topic BMX taster session February 2016
That sounds like fun, count me in if it's on the 13th.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14133 by Paul Kane
Replied by Paul Kane on topic BMX taster session February 2016
Hey Valdis,
Doesn't seem to be much of a response on the thread. Is there something going ahead? I'll have to change my preference to the 13th as I have bit of an injury and could do with another week off the BMX to let it heal.
Cheers,
Paul

More
8 years 1 month ago #14195 by Valdis Andersons
Replied by Valdis Andersons on topic BMX taster session February 2016
Hi Paul,

It should be going ahead even if we have a few people going. From the responses it looks like the 13th is the preferred option. Currently it looks like I won't be making the session myself regardless of the date. I just need to call the coach there to let him know that a few from Orwell will be coming on the 13th looking to try out some BMX.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds