Bike skirmish in Ballymun

More
8 years 2 months ago #14114 by Ken Moloney
Bike skirmish in Ballymun was created by Ken Moloney
Just a heads up guys ..........
3 of us in today's first white group pulled up in Ballymun to fix Tom's 3rd puncture of the day.
By agreement the rest of the bunch headed for home as it was getting cold and late.
We parked our 3 bikes fairly close together and began working on the puncture.
So engrossed were we in that job that none of us 3 noticed the person who grabbed and disappeared off with my bike which had been parked 3-4 feet away.
I turned around "where's me bike!". A big local lad on the corner shouts up ... I saw your bike .... this way he shouts pointing. I leg it down towards him, Tom legs it behind me, Michael watches the 2 remaining bikes and the local lad sprints alongside me continuing to point the way and telling anyone we pass that "they took his bike".
Long story short - don't find the thieves but find the bike intact and tidily parked up just out of view outside an apartment block not too far away.
I'm delighted and give the lad € 20 for helping me which he is grateful for as he says he's broke and later says jokingly ... that's what happens when you come to Ballymun.
A lucky break and a cheap lesson for me to keep a closer eye on the bikes whenever and wherevere we stop. Thanks to Tom and Michael and that local lad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Declan Quigley, Ciara Kinch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds