Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17

More
7 years 7 months ago #19262 by Nicholas Hughes
Replied by Nicholas Hughes on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?
Hi ,
Please put me down as a possible .
Thanks,
N
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #19266 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?

I'm very much interested but I'm yellow pace

Rory - if the numbers are there we intend on havng yellow and orange paced groups setting out each day.

Right now it looks like we do have at least the minimum numbers for each group, so welcome along

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #19275 by Conor Sweeney
Replied by Conor Sweeney on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?
Cyclist magazine wrote a good article last June that will whet your appetite for cycling in the Dolomites if you're thinking of going. www.melodiadelbosco.it/en/about-us
The article features over the mountains around the hotel and includes the owner of the hotel that Stephen has organised the trip from.
I tried to load the PDF but the file size is too big :-(
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Conor Sweeney.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #19278 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?
Thanks for posting that Conor ,

the link is

www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/1237/big-ride-dolomites

and also from sometime last year - a harder spin in the same area ;
www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/524/dolomites-big-ride
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

More
7 years 7 months ago #19290 by Damian Byrne
Replied by Damian Byrne on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?
Put me down as possible as well , yellow pace
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Ryan

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19373 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - Update
Just to let you know that we are in the process of agreeing flights prices at the moment. I had hoped to be posting final details tonight but there was a last minute glitch.

We will , probably, be using Neenan Travel to handle group booking for the flights primarily so as I don't have to put y'all on my credit card.

Once we have agreed the details with them , they will pay Ryanair or Aer Lingus and each of us will then have to pay Neenan for our flight over the next few days. Once you have paid them your place on the trip is guaranteed.

More tomorrow!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19378 by John Murray
Replied by John Murray on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17
Hi Stephen,
It might be an idea to confirm by e-mail to the group of 22 names that final decision time is close and flight money will be required shortly. I see from some of the responses that various people have indicated an interest so there may be still some uncertainty that they are travelling
Also based on the responses you have received is it possible to show the list of people split between the Orange & Yellow groups ? I appreciate some people will move between both groups but this would give everyone an idea if the split is close to 50:50 or very much weighted towards one group (possibly Orange)
Many thanks
John
(Mid Yellow Group climbing pace)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by John Murray.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19385 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17
Hi John,

I don't have e-mails for everyone who has posted above - I'm going to have to hope that if someone saw the original post that they will be keeping an eye on the thread.

Full details on how to reserve places are in the post below .

Regards,

Stephen

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19386 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17
“Pedala forte, mangia bene”

When going over the Passa Pordoi think of Fausto Coppi as you pass the monument where it is customary to remove your cycling cap and place it on the great champion’s head. A plaque reads, ‘In the shadow of these majestic Dolomite peaks, this bronze tablet will testify forever to the incomparable feats of the greatest cyclist. To Fausto Coppi, Il Campionissimo, champion of champions.’ These were his stomping grounds.

And beauty , you want beauty , how about a Unesco World Heritage site in north-eastern Italy full of geological wonders, one where Princes, ghosts, angels and champions are all tokens of the magical appeal of the Dolomites.

Are you ready for a trip to one of cyclings legendary spots ?

We have put together a trip next year and are now finalising places. Flights have been reserved (and paid for by the agent) . If you want to book your spot you need to pay your flight cost to Neenan Travel. At this point there is no deposit required for accommodation. We need to figure out the exact rooms required – see below.

The package is 7 nights Half Board in the Melodio del Bosco in Alto Badia www.melodiadelbosco.it/en/ www.roadbike.melodiadelbosco.it/en/ , with guided tours .
Departing Dublin > Venice on Wednesday June 21st , returning on Wednesday June 28th . 7 nights accommodation and 6 days cycling (5 guided I think) . The full cycling package is detailed below.

Costs :

Basic Return Flight €230
Coach Transfer Airport to Hotel return €75

Optional Extras
15 kg Bags €50 return (€25 e/w) / €70 for 20kg
Bikes €100 (50 e/w ) there is a practical limit on the amount of bikes that can be taken on the coach so may need to cap this after 8 . Bromptons excepted.
Travel Insurance €20

Hotel
Depending on room choice €719 pps in a double room / €768 pps in a suite. / €852 for a single person in a double room

If you don’t bring your own bike then rental is €162 for 6 days cycling.

Places are limited and will be filled on a ‘first-come’ basis.

To secure your place , please pay Neenan Travel for the flight - bags and coach transfer can be added later.

Email is preferred, to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., including the passport name (first + last name only) of all passengers ; Alternatively phone (01) 6079900

Deposit can be paid by:
Cheque – Payable to Neenan Travel. Send to Jill Scully, Neenan Travel, 12 South Leinster Street, Dublin D02 H357
Bank Transfer - IBAN: IE30AIBK93122534343033 / BIC: AIBKIE2D. Quote reference 30159/002 and your name
Credit/Debit Card: Call Neenan Travel (01) 6079900. Quote Orwell Dolomites Cycling Trip 30159/002 and the staff member will process the payment.

THEN

Please send me an e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. telling me

(1) That you have paid for flight
(2) What room accommodation you will be needing – if sharing is there a person you have agreed to share with
(3) Do you need to rent a bike and if so what size?

And that’s it for now. Further details on elements are below (and above in thread). You can mail me questions or post in thread .

Many thanks

Stephen

Price includes

7 nights – half board
1 dinner with Ladin specialties
1 gala dinner
1 aperitif at the lounge bar
6 Xenofit snack-packs with energy bar and drink
5 guided road bike tours
5 après-bike pastas
Map and GPS data of suggested routes
Laundry service for cycling gear

Rooms

Double rooms COMFORT with separate beds and living area
34 m2, bathroom with shower and bath, separate toilet, hairdryer, telephone, TV, Wi-Fi, safe and balcony

and

JUNIOR SUITE with separate beds and living area
40 m2, bathroom with shower and bath, separate toilet, hairdryer, telephone, TV, Wi-Fi, safe and balcony

Rental Bikes

Basso Astra

Specifications:
Carbon frame
Shimano Ultegra Compact
50/34, 11-30
Microtec MCT 38 alloy wheelset
Frame-sizes: 48, 51, 53, 56, 58, 61

Rental price:
1 day - 34,00 Euro
2 days - 68,00 Euro
3 days - 96,00 Euro
4 days - 124,00 Euro
5 days - 146,00 Euro
6 days - 162,00 Euro
7 days - 178,00 Euro
Rental price includes cycle computer, CO2 cartridge and replacement tube.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Kehoe, Conor Sweeney

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19507 by Stephen Ryan

Me too

Hi Kevin, I don't have an e-mail for you so can you drop me a line at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll bring you up to date.

Everyone else who has posted in the thread to date should have some emails in their in-box from me. If not, please let me know.

Thanks

Stephen

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #19553 by Stephen Ryan
Hi,

Quick update on plans
We’re working with the hotel and tour guides on custom routes for Orwell, looking roughly as follows:
- 5 days of riding, with the option of a rest-day or easy spin in the middle
- Paid guides
- Two groups, a slower (‘Yellow-Orange’) riding in the region 60-110k with 1,000-1,900m of ascent and the faster stepping up from this to Orange-Red levels
- Subject to change: Sella Ronda, Passo Giau, Passo Stelvio as an optional-extra ride for the rest-day, and the full route of the Maratona dles Dolomites as our biggest ride on day 3.

Stay tuned for next update when we’ve finished speaking to the organisers estimated end Sept., and please do send any suggestions.

Most of the spots have been filled or reserved but there are a small number left.

*****UPDATE***** - The trip is not contingent on those spots being filled. We have enough members paid and committed already and the trip is going ahead. There is space for a few more though.

I have tried to reach everybody who posted on the thread but haven't heard from a few of you. In case you haven't seen the mails can you please let me know - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - if you are still interested and will be needing a spot. Payment details - which is roughly 20% of the total and pays for your flight - are above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Kehoe, John Anslow

More
7 years 6 months ago #19560 by John Anslow
Replied by John Anslow on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17
Passo Stelvio on our day off - I'm sold!!

More
6 years 11 months ago #22082 by James Byrne
Replied by James Byrne on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?
Hi Stephen,

Slightly off topic but I am a new club member and am signed up for the Maratona dles Dolomites on 02.07.2017 www.maratona.it/it/

Do you know if any other members are?

I will post a general message too thanks.

James

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #22105 by Stephen Ryan
Hi James,

I am not aware of anyone else doing the event.

Regards,

Stephen
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Stephen Ryan.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #22928 by Willy Madden
Replied by Willy Madden on topic Cycling Trip to Dolomites in June 17 - interested?
Guys,

I have to opt out going on this fabulous Dolomites trip so there is one place up for grabs if anyone who is interested. This is one of the best places in the world to go cycling with around 17 others already booked

The basic details are as follows:

Departing Dublin > Venice on Wednesday June 21st , returning on Wednesday June 28th . 7 nights accommodation and 6 days cycling

Return Flight Dublin/Venice + 15 kg Bag + coach transfer €375 (confirmed)
Sharing room with 1 other male club member
Option to bring own bike on plane or rental - I tried to rent a 58 cm but none left, but there are other sizes available. Prices should be listed above.
Hotel €768 for 7 nights sharing - its a junior SUITE

I hope i have all the important pricing above

Please see more details above in previous posts. The travel agent needs to lock in names soon, so please get back to me using my below details below

Willy Madden
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
+353-87-6794164
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Willy Madden.

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds