Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #19717 by Michael Hanley
Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09 was created by Michael Hanley
The winter kit order is now live!

Orwell Online Kit Shop

Wait, there's no order form?
That's right, we've moved online. From now on, all Orwell kit will be purchased through our new digital storefront at orwellclubkit.selz.com (make sure and bookmark this!). Minimum orders (10 per item) still apply for us, so if we can't meet the minimum in an order, it will have to be cancelled.

Please don't try and drop cash into the shop, this is now the only way to pay for your order.

I need to pay for my kit, do I need to drive to the shop?
Nope. You can now pay for your kit online using your credit card (AMEX is listed, but not accepted as it incurs an extra charge..please don't use AMEX or your order will be cancelled). It's totally secure and payment processing is handled by Selz.

How long do I have to order my winter kit?
The shop will stay open until next Sunday. After that the order will be submitted and it should arrive in 6 weeks. No late orders will be accepted and there won't be kit ordered for stock. The shop will open again in January for the next order, which will be for regular summer kit items (jerseys, shorts, gilets, rain capes, etc.). If you want to get your winter kit, you need to do it now!

When and where will I collect my kit?
Kit will be available for collection from Joe Daly Cycles, Dundrum at specific dates ONLY once it has arrived and been sorted. Please don't be going in looking for kit before this thread has been updated!

This thread will be updated when the kit has arrived and been sorted. Be sure to subscribe to the thread so you stay up to date.

I have more questions!
Ask here or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

NOTE: This is the first field test of the new shop, if you find any bugs or issues, please contact me as soon as possible.

Also, don't forget that we still have lots of kit in stock (see here ). You'll notice the prices are slightly cheaper as we don't have to worry about card processing fees on existing kit. Be sure to get some of the "cheaper" kit before it runs out!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Michael Hanley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Louise Keane, Dave Murnane, Fergal Quinn, Eugène SKIL, Tommy Smith, Ken Moloney

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #19718 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
Winter hats and skinsuits (winter or regular) will still be ordered the old fashioned way: through the forum. If you're interested in getting a group together for an order, email me and I'll start it up.This is just because there tends to be fewer people interested in buying them and we can't have lots of spares sitting around waiting to sell.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Michael Hanley.

More
7 years 7 months ago #19719 by Michael Hanley
*** New Items to the Orwell range ***
I'm particularly excited about the new winter socks. Design is still being finalised, but they are going to look really amazing! Keep your toes warm and your ankles looking awesome this winter.

We also have some bib tights coming that are going to look very sharp! Once the designs for these are completed I'll post them up here.

More
7 years 6 months ago #19785 by Michael Hanley
Winter Bib Tights Design:

Really happy with how this is turned out, nice and understated for winter but with plenty of distinct Orwell branding. Quite like the asymmetric styling on the thighs.

These bib tights don't contain any reflectives, but the winter jacket and hydra do...however there is never any substitute for proper lights. Make sure you are lit up like a christmas tree as the days become shorter and shorter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugène SKIL

More
7 years 6 months ago #19786 by Michael Hanley
Order Update:

Plenty of orders coming in so far, but we may be a bit light in some areas...I don't think you want to miss out on being kitted out for winter.

There may not be any winter kit in stock, ordering now is the only way to guarantee that you will have your official winter club kit!!

More
7 years 6 months ago #19794 by Stephen Ryan
Replied by Stephen Ryan on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
For parents of Youth Members :

The online site is unable to facilitate the youth discount so please pay in full for the relevant kit and then contact Dave , Jen or myself and we will tell you how to arrange for a refund.

If you have questions about the discount please e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Hanley

More
7 years 6 months ago #19798 by Ken Moloney
Replied by Ken Moloney on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
Michael
Congratulations to you and any of the team behind the new Online Kit Shop.
It's a very slick and professional looking piece of work.
Nice going.
Ken

More
7 years 6 months ago #19817 by Simon Sheridan
Replied by Simon Sheridan on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
Yea great work on the website Michael - brilliant.
Thank you.

More
7 years 6 months ago #19834 by Michael Hanley
Thanks guys. There was a small error with the socks...they should have been listed as "unlimited" quantity. They come in batches of 100 so for anyone who wanted to order some, don't worry, we will have plenty in general stock.

The shop is now closed! Sorry to anyone who has missed out, but there will be no late orders. There may be limited amounts of surplus stock, but I won't be able to verify this until later.

Orders will be processed this evening.

More
7 years 6 months ago #19846 by Tony O'Riordan
Replied by Tony O'Riordan on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
Coming up for breath after crazy couple of work weeks. I see I've missed the deadline. Is it not now possible to get any Orwell gear for the winter?
Thanks
Tony

More
7 years 5 months ago #20323 by Michael Hanley
Bumping this because the thread has slipped and delivery is hopefully next week, but I don't have an exact date yet and can't confirm when it will be available for collection yet.

Please note that IF it arrives next week, this will be as originally estimated in the order email you received and would be 7 weeks, slightly over what I hoped would be a 6 week turnaround but given some winter orders can take up to 10 or 12 weeks, this is pretty good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Fergal Quinn, Simon Kelehan, Adam Reynolds, Stefan Foster

More
7 years 5 months ago #20421 by Michael Hanley
*** Winter Kit Update - Delivery Date Confirmed ***

There is good news and not quite so good news.

Good news: The winter kit (which closed on 25/09 - meaning that was 53 days or 7.5 weeks!) will arrive in Dublin next week. This is a slight delay of a week past the "mid-November" estimate that was given to everyone in their order confirmation email.

And now, the not so good news: The factory made a bit of a mistake with the overshoes and winter socks, these will be delayed by 2 weeks!

What happens now?
Your order will be ready for collection from Joe Daly Cycles next week.
It will either be Thurs or Fri evening, I will be able to confirm once the order lands and all items have been accounted for.
If you can't make either of those evenings, your order can be collected at the kit night on the first Monday of December.
If you can't make that evening either...please email me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will arrange collection slots in advance, so the shop can have them ready and avoid wasting time!

Please, DO NOT go into the shop looking for your kit outside of these dates!

Why does it take so long to get my kit?
It's important to remember that while we have a snazzy new shopfront for orders, we are not Wiggle or Chainreaction. Orders are submitted by you, the members, but we have to wait until all orders are gathered before they can be submitted. After this date (25/09), I make sure we have minimum quantities and adjust the order where possible, before submitting it to Velorevolution. It then goes into a queue at the factory along with dozens of other clubs. Lead time varies based on this total demand at the factory, which peaks at winter and before the racing season. 6 to 8 weeks is normal.

So, while I appreciate that not everyone is happy they have to wait for such a length of time, this is generally why we order so early (before the new member's night!). And I think we can all agree that the weather has only started to turn, you will get plenty of use out of your winter gear!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Dick O'Brien, Fergal Quinn, Simon Kelehan, Adam Reynolds, Stefan Foster

More
7 years 5 months ago #20428 by Gillian Baker
Replied by Gillian Baker on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
Hi Michael,

I had a quick question (answer is probably somewhere above)... are there plenty of Hanley Hats in stock and if so can I just go into Joe's and pick one up?

Thanks
G

More
7 years 5 months ago #20430 by Michael Hanley
Hi Gillian,

No, these are a "speciality" item really, like the winter skinsuits and are completed on the basis that we have enough or nearly enough people to satisfy the minimum. Why? They have to be ordered in batches of 100, so if only one person is looking for one, then there is a lot of stock to sit on for the year!

Solutions:

1. If you can find some like-minded people (ideally 99, but I'd settle for 59) then we could make an order happen

2. You can buy a VR branded one from their online store
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gillian Baker, Stefan Foster

More
7 years 5 months ago #20432 by Gillian Baker
darn it... the pressure is on so to rustle up 59 cap wearing others ;-)

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #20433 by Tony McDowell
Replied by Tony McDowell on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
text deleted
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Tony McDowell.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20434 by Gillian Baker
sorry... one more question, if I did rustle up 59 like minded cap wearing folk, what would be the turn around time?

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #20449 by Luke GJ Potter
Replied by Luke GJ Potter on topic Winter Kit Order - Closes 25/09
Gillian created a separate thread for the interest in Hanley Hats, so post your interest there.
It's Winter Cap aka the Hanley Hat .
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Luke GJ Potter.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #20549 by Michael Hanley
Good news! The winter order has arrived in Ireland. It *might* have been available for collection tomorrow night, but I'd prefer to go with a certainty (and also give myself time to sort everyone's order and make sure nothing is missing). So...

Collection night: Monday 28th November, 18:30 to 19:30 (strict finishing time on this, sorry!)
Where: Joe Daly Cycles

Given that we now have everything paid for in advance, this is simply a case of turning up on the night and grabbing your gear.

Please don't come unless you ordered. Any spare stock will be listed HERE and made available at the next "monthly kit night".

*** FAQ ***
I can't make that night! Don't worry, your order isn't going anywhere. Just email me and let me know when you can make it during shop hours on a weekday (strictly no weekends!) and I'll make sure it's ready

Why did it take so long? The kit is made to order, two months is about normal. This is the price of looking awesome!

I didn't order any winter kit, will I freeze to death? Most likely, yes. There won't be another winter order until...next winter. We still have plenty of older stock available at great prices that will keep you alive until then.

Where are the socks and overshoes? They are on the way! A small delay there, I'm hoping to have them ready at the next "monthly kit night". This date may move to accommodate it.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Michael Hanley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Quinn, Simon Kelehan, Adam Reynolds, Stefan Foster, Sarah Grey

More
7 years 4 months ago #20567 by Michael Hanley
*** Postponed ***

In light of the sudden and incredibly sad news that our clubmate, and dear friend, Keith Harte has passed away, the kit collection night has been postponed.

I will update with details for a more suitable evening in due course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donal O'Connor

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds