Mountainous Training Spin sat sept 23 2017

More
9 years 5 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #8219 by Garret Connolly
Mountainous Training Spin sat sept 23 2017 was created by Garret Connolly
Hi all

as some of you are aware a small group of 15 us always see the season off with one final blast across 15+ mountains in August. This is a training spin for leisure and racers alike but it's strictly not a race and it's purely a training spin where we stick together the whole way around and regroup at the top of the hills, drink loads of coffee(ken would love it) and start and finish in Enniskerry and stay the night in the Summerhill House Hotel.

Up to this year we've always restricted the day out to 15 Orwell members to keep it manageable and as a result usually books up a year in advance. But next year, Aug 8th 2015 we're opening it to everyone. We had a lot of people who wanted to do it this year but got turned away because we were full so here is your chance to get in on the ground floor for next year's cycle(Also known by some people as the beast)

The route is Enniskerry-Up the Glencree Road-Up the Devils Elbow-Fox's-Pine Forest-Cruagh-Viewing Point-Featherbeds-Powerscourt-The Wall-Djouce-Luggalla-Sally Gap-Laragh for food-Shay Elliot-Sliabh Mann-Brown Mountain-Greenane-Shay Elliot-Laragh for food again-Glenmacnass-Sally Gap-Lugalla-Djouce-Poggio-Enniskerry.
It's 3300+metres across 155+km so we reckon it's Ireland's toughest and most challenging 1 day cycle but a really great team day out for everyone.
Stay in Summerhill House Hotel and dinner in Emilia's Enniskerry. Billy sings the blues later on.
It's open to all Orwell members with a CI license but it's not an official club spin and it's a unofficial training spin so you'll expected to provide everything you need for yourself. Just like a Tuesday night but on the weekend.
If interested simply email me and I'll email you the details of the hotel and stick you on the mailing list for it This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

The hotel is pretty much booked out for every weekend except this one already through weddings in August hence the very very very early notice but if interested let me know. I probably won't be doing another forum plug for the spin so if you're anyway interested in doing it for 2015, let me know

Anyone who did it this year don't need to email as you're already on the list!

Garret
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Warning this will be amazing training for the RAID(4 weeks later) and will make Sean Kelly(2 weeks later) look like a flat spin
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Garret Connolly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Caesar, Darragh Connolly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #8235 by Ronan Gill
Replied by Ronan Gill on topic Mountainous Training Spin August 8th 2015
can't do the overnight but could meet in enniskerry in the morning if that would be ok?

More
9 years 4 months ago #8236 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Mountainous Training Spin August 8th 2015
no probs Ronan...I've got you on the list. I'll email out in a few days re final date confirmations etc...welcome aboard the beast train

More
9 years 4 months ago #8242 by Colm Egan
Replied by Colm Egan on topic Mountainous Training Spin August 8th 2015
Gar rather than receive obscene phone calls from a crowd of unruly wailers at 3 in the morning I have booked my room for the beast 2015 and if for some reason I can't make it I will change my mobile number!!! Thanks

More
9 years 4 months ago #8247 by Garret Connolly
hey all
I've emailed everyone on the date who expressed and interest or did it this year. If you don't get it please email me and I can resend if I have the wrong email address etc
garret

More
8 years 10 months ago #10323 by Garret Connolly
Last call for the beast August 8. If interested email me and book your hotel room now! I'll be emailing out within next 7 days final details so if you don't get an email and thought you were on the list email me to let me know
Gar
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
8 years 10 months ago #10356 by Adrian Dungan
Replied by Adrian Dungan on topic Mountainous Training Spin August 8th 2015
Hi Garret,
Can you confirm I'm on the Beast email. Expressed interest when email came out towards end of 2014.
Adrian Dungan

More
8 years 10 months ago #10362 by Garret Connolly
Hi could you email me. Keeping list of emails rather than names. Thanks garret

More
8 years 10 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #10558 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Mountainous Training Spin July 2nd 2016
I'll be emailing out to the final list on this one in about an hour. If you don't get an email let me know as it'll mean your name has slipped through the net
garret
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Garret Connolly.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #16023 by Garret Connolly
Dear all

Just a heads up at this point.

Date for your diaries for Beast 2016.

July 2nd Saturday. Same route and start finish points as 2015.

Unfortunately every hotel in Wicklow is pretty much booked out on Saturdays for July and August so change of plan this year.

We will start in Enniskerry at the school, do the Beast then regroup for dinner, prizegiving and the rest in Keshk byob restaurant in Mespil Road(I've booked for 35-40 already-can confirm numbers closer to date). Apres dinner it's into the Cavern around the corner.

This will be the last forum post about this this so if you're interested in doing da beast 2016 email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll add you to the email list. If you're already on the email list no need to email.

Full details of the route etc in the thread above from last year. This is the toughest day you can do on a bike in Ireland so obviously it's for the experienced climber only ideally used to dark yellow to red level.

Garret
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Garret Connolly.

More
7 years 11 months ago #16229 by Garret Connolly
last call for this....if interested in Beast 2016 and not either on the list from last year or emailed me since last forum post let me know by end of this week
Garret

More
6 years 7 months ago #23727 by Garret Connolly
Replied by Garret Connolly on topic Mountainous Training Spin September 23 2017
Dear all
Same set up as last year. The toughest training spin of the year.
Date Saturday September 23
This will be the only forum post about it.
If interested please email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll add you you to this years list. If you've done it in recent years and are on the list you don't need to do anything I'll email everyone together.
Garret

More
6 years 7 months ago #23813 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Mountainous Training Spin sat sept 23 2017
Hi all,

I have just sent out a mail to those of you who contacted Gar wishing to be included. Please contact me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you didn't receive it or if you want to be added to the list.

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds