Haute Route Alps 2017

More
6 years 11 months ago #22407 by Martine Nolan
Haute Route Alps 2017 was created by Martine Nolan
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is doing the Haute Route French Alps this year. I did the Swiss Alps/Dolomites last year and loved it... was hoping to do the Pyrenees this year but can't manage to get the time off work so it looks like the Alps is my only option if I do go ahead with it. I'd love to know if others from the club were going.

www.hauteroute.org/events/overview/alps-2017

Cheers
Martine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #22443 by Alan Hickey
Replied by Alan Hickey on topic Haute Route Alps 2017
Hi Martine,

Great to hear of another Orwell member taking on the Haute Route this year. I think we now have members doing each of the 4 events this year. Dan Coulcher is doing the Rockies version, I am doing the Pyrenees and I think Philip Bourdarias is doing the Swiss Alps/Dolomites version also. It's a pity you cant make the Pyrenees!

Best of luck with your training and the event itself, hopefully you can get someone else to join you.

Alan.

More
6 years 11 months ago #22452 by Dan Coulcher
Replied by Dan Coulcher on topic Haute Route Alps 2017
Martine,

As Alan mentioned I'm doing the HR Rockies this year.

I did the HR Alps 4 years ago. Great event, very, very hard but rewarding. I couldn't fault the organisation & support.

Check on Boards.ie if there are any other local riders doing it and you might be able to create an informal team. It was great craic being part of a team with special kit even though we rarely rode together (some were faster than others).

Good luck & enjoy.

Dan

More
6 years 11 months ago #22517 by David Cahill
Replied by David Cahill on topic Haute Route Alps 2017
Hi all,

I also did the HR Alps in 2015 - unbelievably tough week, but an amazing experience! The only slight issue we had was in relation to some under supplied feed stops, which we were assured was a once off.

I'll be doing the shorter 3 day HR Alpe d'Huez this summer, so if any others are heading over please feel free to get in touch!

Best of luck,

David

More
6 years 11 months ago #22586 by Martine Nolan
Replied by Martine Nolan on topic Haute Route Alps 2017
Thanks guys... looks likely that I'll do the Dolomites this year... very interested in hearing how you all get on in the other events!
Best of luck with the training... hopefully will catch you for some of it!
Martine

More
6 years 11 months ago #22592 by Philippe Bourdarias
Replied by Philippe Bourdarias on topic Haute Route Alps 2017
Hi Martine, I am doing the HR Dolomites too with a friend. Are you in a team?

More
6 years 11 months ago #22604 by Martine Nolan
Hi Philippe.

No I'm not yet... there are one or two other guys interested in doing it too.... and we're hoping to create a team... how about you??? Perhaps we can join forces and create an Orwell team?

More
6 years 11 months ago #22605 by Philippe Bourdarias
Replied by Philippe Bourdarias on topic Haute Route Alps 2017
Martine,
I've entered a team (Team Moustache used last year on HR Alps...) but we are only 2 of us at the moment so it won't be taken into account for the team ranking. Happy to join an OW team if there is one. My mate is not part of the club (he leaves in Holland) but I am sure it's not an issue. Will try to find him a jersey!
Let me know.
Would be good to arrange a spin this summer also.

More
6 years 11 months ago #22615 by Martine Nolan
Philippe,

Sounds great.... My mobile number is 0873651084, might be easier to get in contact directly.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds