Word to the wise

More
6 years 7 months ago #23956 by Stephen Ryan
Word to the wise was created by Stephen Ryan
A friend has passed on the following warning - seems around the South County Dublin area there is a noticeable uptick of robbing bikes from sheds.

"Stephen, you might want to share with Orwell but there is a spate of bikes being stolen from sheds over the last 2 weeks, mine were taken 2 weeks ago together with my neighbours, another willow wheeler had 3 bikes taken last weekend and a neighbour of one of the guys at work (lives in Dun Laoghaire) had a couple of bikes stolen recently

My bikes were all locked, they broke a number of garden tools trying to remove the locks, but were unsuccessful - must have a van to remove the bikes"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Bryan Geary, Simon Kelehan, Donal O'Connor, Andrew Potts, Gary Somers, Terry Reilly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #23958 by Andrew Potts
Replied by Andrew Potts on topic Word to the wise
It might be an idea to make sure your privacy settings are set on your Strava account. You can set a zone around your house that is invisible to the public. Plus do not list any expensive bikes

More
6 years 7 months ago #24001 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Word to the wise
Saw this in Homebase Nutgrove yesterday - expensive even at the sale price but your bikes will be guaranteed safe!

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafael Oshiro

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds