Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #24342 by Luke GJ Potter
From the Front Page Article: Winter Kit Ordering and Sizing Night - 18th Sep 2017

This thread will provide updates on delivery, so just Subscribe (Actions -> Subscribe) to this thread and you'll get an e-mail for each update posted.

If you need more details on how the ordering process works, read this thread .
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Luke GJ Potter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Moloney

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24458 by Glenn Daly
Hi all

Quick ask on the winter kit ordering... I lost my bank card today and cannot place an order until the replacement comes through - bank says it will be posted on Wed 20th (closure date). Any chance of keeping the order open and extra 2 days?

Glenn

More
6 years 6 months ago #24465 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
Thanks to Michael and Dave for organising this and giving up their time, it's always good to try before you buy! I placed my order for a Hydra so I no at least expect to be warm this winter :-)

More
6 years 6 months ago #24468 by Jillian Higgins
Replied by Jillian Higgins on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
Thanks for the advioce last night.There is no ladies long sleeve in the online shop as an option. Will one be going up or will I order from the mens one and adjust the sizing as advised last night?
Thanks
Jillian

More
6 years 6 months ago #24474 by Colin Costello
Replied by Colin Costello on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates

Thanks to Michael and Dave for organising this and giving up their time, it's always good to try before you buy! I placed my order for a Hydra so I no at least expect to be warm this winter :-)

Hi Darragh,

Unfortunately I couldn't make the sizing night last night but I'm also interested in a Hydra could I ask you how the fit is relative to say the standard jerseys etc which are fairly 'race' fitting i.e. tight?

Would you 'size up' or would you think that the fit is more a comfort orientated?

Thanks,

Colin

More
6 years 6 months ago #24475 by Darragh Connolly
Replied by Darragh Connolly on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
Hi Colin,

I take a small in the jersey and I ordered a small Hydra having tried on the small and medium. Not as tight as the jersey but snug enough and probably room for jersey and base layer underneath.

Cheers,
Darragh

More
6 years 6 months ago #24476 by Shaun Kelly
Hi

I couldn't make it last night and cant find a pic of the winter bib tights. Are they with or without pad?

More
6 years 6 months ago #24477 by Colin Costello
Replied by Colin Costello on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates

Hi Colin,

I take a small in the jersey and I ordered a small Hydra having tried on the small and medium. Not as tight as the jersey but snug enough and probably room for jersey and base layer underneath.

Cheers,
Darragh

Cheers Darragh thanks for that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darragh Connolly

More
6 years 6 months ago #24483 by Valerie Dunne
Replied by Valerie Dunne on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
Hi there, looking for a bit of guidance before I place my order - hydra vs winter jacket which is the better option or are they both similar material with the hydra being more waterproof?

Thanks,

Valerie

More
6 years 6 months ago #24488 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming out on Monday.

To answer questions:

1. Women's LS - Yes, please order the men's and size down one from the women's sizing, e.g. S women's = XS men's

2. Hydra - eh, it really depends! I have same size as jersey, but some folks like to size up. Keep asking people of similar size...if in doubt, email me.

3. Hydra v Winter Jacket - They are quite different, Hydra isn't as warm and needs more layers under it, but it's more water resistant. The winter jacket has some water proofing but it's really designed as a thermal jacket. If you were to map the seasons as:

light autumn - cold autumn - light winter - cold winter - cold spring - light spring

Then the winter jacket would really be for light/cold winter, while the Hydra would do for everything else and maybe the light winter too (with added layers)

4. Winter tights - they are padded (have a chamois)

On another note:

The ONLINE shop will now stay OPEN UNTIL THE WEEKEND!!!

Please tell all your fellow club mates and get ordering!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Kelehan, Darragh Connolly, Ken Moloney, Colin Costello

More
6 years 5 months ago #24865 by Glenn Daly
Hi all,

Is there an ETA on the winter kit delivery?

THanks

Glenn

More
6 years 5 months ago #24888 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
Glenn,

Rough ETA is landing on our shores 15th Nov.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Coffey, Peter Fox

More
6 years 5 months ago #24930 by Jillian Higgins
Replied by Jillian Higgins on topic Kit Ordering and Sizing Night 18th Sep 2017 - Updates
That would be great to get club gear for the club weekend in Carrick.

More
6 years 4 months ago #24975 by Michael Hanley
Impossible I'm afraid Jillian.

Kit has been dispatched and will be available in the shop next week. I will update with a collection night when I have more definite details.

More
6 years 4 months ago #25012 by Michael Hanley
The kit has arrived!

The collection night will be Monday evening, details to follow, but please pencil it in.

I will update with full details when I'm free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Anslow, Darragh Connolly, Eoin Ahern

More
6 years 4 months ago #25018 by Michael Hanley
Ok, final details:

Date: 27/11/2017 (tonight!)
Time: 18:45 to 19:30 (Please don't try and collect your kit before that time, we will be busy sorting and that slows the whole process down)
Venue: Joe Daly Cycles, Dundrum

This is for ordered and paid for kit only!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Quinn

More
6 years 4 months ago #25028 by Mark Jones
Hi Michael,

The stitching on the shoulder strap of my bib tights is back to front on one side, which is causing it to tangle. What's the process here as I can't wear them? Do I just go down to Joe Dalys and change them for a new pair (same size)? I still have the packaging and tags so presume they get sent back to the manufacturer?

Also, I bought a LS jersey and it's a bit big. Can I exchange this for a smaller size or do I need to find someone to swap with?

Best,

Mark

More
6 years 4 months ago #25029 by Michael Hanley
Hi Mark,

Please email me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The forum is not the best place to have this discussion, but in short: if there is a defect with the tights they will be returned, however there is no spare stock for exchanges.

For the LS jersey, again we are a club and cannot operate on an exchange policy unless there happens to be spare stock, which there is not. You can try and sell it on the forum to another member.

Did you attend the sizing night? If not, there are accurate sizing charts and I do ask members to find out what similar sized clubmates are wearing...plenty of opportunities to ask people on winter spins, etc. to avoid these kinds of disappointments, I know how frustrating it is to get the wrong sized kit.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds