Bike Camera, suggestions?

More
2 years 11 months ago #34722 by Pat Piesche
Bike Camera, suggestions? was created by Pat Piesche
Hi all,
in the market for a bike mounted camera, front or rear or both and wondering if anyone from Orwell currently uses one and could offer their option.
Requirements typically, should be robust as would be used daily, support operation for 4-5 hours so battery life is important, good resolution, water resistant.
Price is obviously important too but not the main deciding factor.

Any recommendations, suggestions, would be appreciated based on your own experience.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #34723 by Killian Byrne
Replied by Killian Byrne on topic Bike Camera, suggestions?
I was in your position and looked reasonably extensively into the market. The Cycliq Fly6 / Fly12 seem to be the platinum standard when it comes to bike cameras but you pay the price for the quality. They give everything required wh n it comes to battery, waterproofing, stability and camera recording. Functions like locking the recording when an accident is detected was attractive as was the seemingly ease of use to manage any footage in the app or on a computer at a later stage. Alternative manufacturers invariably fall down on one or more of these.

I didn't purchase in the end as I couldn't justify the €500 or more cost for front/rear units.

Cycliq have updated models now which may mean the 2nd generation design may be picked up cheaper.

Bottom line for me was if I had the cash to spare, I would have bought these

Hope that helps...

More
2 years 11 months ago #34724 by Pat Piesche
Replied by Pat Piesche on topic Bike Camera, suggestions?
Thanks for the feedback Killian. Had also read quite a bit on the Cycliq models but like you thought they were a tad of the dear side, Just need to establish if there are alternatives out there being used by others which offer better value for money.
Thanks again & safe cycling.

More
2 years 9 months ago #35010 by Andrew Ryan
Replied by Andrew Ryan on topic Bike Camera, suggestions?
Hi Pat,
Did you end up going for a model? I have been looking in the last few days for one myself, front I should think. Cycliq seems to be the gold standard in the market but comes with obviously a hefty price tag. If I do end up buying one I think I'll go for the Drift Ghost XL . It has a strong battery life, range of features and not quite as high of cost as many other options. I found a discount code 'Jasper10' for 10% off through a Youtube video if you are still in the market.
Regards, Andrew

More
2 years 9 months ago #35137 by Ronan Simms
Replied by Ronan Simms on topic Bike Camera, suggestions?
Hi
I hot a cycliq rear camera / light ....first wet spin it failed
It quite common with them to have issues in wet weather as I discovered by searching forumns.
I got mine from shop in blackrock and I'm waiting on a replacement
I probably wouldn't recommend cycliq as you said pricey for a gadget that has bad quality control
I've got cheap chinses lights that have stayed water tight
Ronan

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds