LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats

More
4 years 5 months ago #31249 by Nicholas Hughes
LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats was created by Nicholas Hughes
Another Bucket List entry .As Morocco seems to have fallen by the wayside I’m wondering if there are any like minded people out there who would like to give this a go .
I’m looking at next Summer probably June or July .
Peak Tours organise a good Trip over 14 Days
PM me if interested

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #31259 by Kashif Qayyum
Replied by Kashif Qayyum on topic LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats
A couple of Orwell folks are planning to do this: lejog1400audax.com

More
4 years 5 months ago #31279 by Kevin Connaire
Replied by Kevin Connaire on topic LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats
Nicholas, I did it with Peak Tours last year - the 14 day tour option. Got flight to London and train from there to Penzance. Was collected at train station by member of Peak Tours. I did sharing accommodation and that worked out very well. Also hired bike and Garmin from Peak Tours - Cannondale - I had sent them my measurements - that worked very well. Excellent support from Peak Tours all the way - Brew van popped up every 35 / 40 k with lots food and drinks. Lunch some days in cafe's / pubs / picnic spots. Member of Peak Tours rode each day with us. 24 in group altogether - 6 females / 18 males. Accommodation very good overall - some hotels, some hostels and some guest houses. Luggage transported each day - and bags in our rooms when we arrived. Briefing after breakfast each day. Some days finished earlier than others - I took the opportunity to explore the surrounding country when we finished earlier. Dinner - full group some evenings, other times, you could dine alone or link in with others in the group. Great celebration night at the end in JOG. Bus to Inverness the following day - then flight home. I was so pleased with Peak Tours, I did Channel to Med - again, another excellent trip. Hope the above info helps. Kevin,

More
4 years 4 months ago #31327 by Nicholas Hughes
Replied by Nicholas Hughes on topic Caen to Nice
Kevin
My interest has been whetted by your mention of the above
How long after LEJOG did you do this?
Did you do Ventoux ?
Any information would be welcome
Thanks
N

More
4 years 4 months ago #31330 by Kevin Connaire
Replied by Kevin Connaire on topic Caen to Nice
Nicholas, I did LEJOG in 2018, Channel to Med trip July this year. Yes, did Mt Ventoux - very doable. Channel to Med was more scenic, weather was exceptional on both trips, more outdoor eating on the French trip. I flew to Paris and got train to start point. Hired the bike and Garmin for Channel to Med trip too. Shard room on both occasions and both worked out well. Accommodation was better on French tour. Guides on French trip very good too. I stayed an extra day in Nice before getting flight home. I have no hesitation in recommending both trips with Peak Tours. Very professional, excellent notes and kept very well informed from the time I made booking. Kevin.

More
4 years 4 months ago #31331 by Nicholas Hughes
Replied by Nicholas Hughes on topic LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats
Thanks a million for that Kevin .Im thinking of treating myself to both next year (as I’m not getting any younger )But that may or may not work out .Good to hear your endorsement
Talk Soon,
Best Wishes,
Nicholas

More
4 years 4 months ago #31332 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats
Hi Nicholas
6 club members have signed up for the lejog1400audax.com ... so far...

Leonard

More
4 years 4 months ago #31462 by Nicholas Hughes
Kevin ,
A query ? How did you manage flight home from Inverness with the timings of bus etc?
Thanks
N

More
4 years 4 months ago #31478 by Kevin Connaire
Replied by Kevin Connaire on topic LEJOG. Lands end to John o Groats
Nicholas, Bus collected us from JOG and brought us to Inverness in plenty of time for flight home. Bus left us in town and i got a train from there - about a 10 K trip. I got the evening flight from Inverness. Kevin.

More
2 years 8 months ago #35440 by Nicholas Hughes
In Inverness so nearly at the End of what peoplemean when they speak about ultimate Bucket
Amazing people Routes scenery food drink and All in Sunshine Well apart from torrential rain on the first 2 days
To be totally recommended
But you should have warned me of the thousands of Sharp Hills
Nicholas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Crotty

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds