Race Around Ireland

More
6 years 5 months ago #24926 by Peadar Corbally
Race Around Ireland was created by Peadar Corbally
Hi

I am looking to do the Race Around Ireland at the end of next August as part of a 4 person team. www.racearoundireland.com . Its a 2,100 km non stop race around Ireland as the name suggests. A 4 person team does it as a 4 person relay(i.e one person on the road at a time)

I have Alan Hickey on board and we are looking for 2 more people. If anyone is interested or wants more information let me know either post here or contact me on.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #25067 by Glenn Daly
Replied by Glenn Daly on topic Race Around Ireland
Hi Peadar,

I'd be interested in knowing more about how this would work as a 4 person team and what level you would be looking at for your fellow team members.

Glenn

More
6 years 4 months ago #25081 by Peadar Corbally
Replied by Peadar Corbally on topic Race Around Ireland
Hi Glenn

The race around Ireland is a non stop race. A 4 person team is one gigantic individual time trial relay relay. One person on the road at all times. The rest of the team rest in support vehicles. Tactics regarding change overs are up to each team.

In terms of standard I'd expect people to be doing the club league.

Support vehicles normally 2 cars and a campervan would have to be supplied and financed by the team entering in addition to the race entry fee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glenn Daly

More
6 years 4 months ago #25083 by Glenn Daly
Replied by Glenn Daly on topic Race Around Ireland
Hi Peadar,

Thanks for the reply. I'd still be interested in this. Lets see how many others are interested and we can discuss the detail then.

Regards

Glenn

More
6 years 3 months ago #25133 by Noel Boyle
Replied by Noel Boyle on topic Race Around Ireland
Hi I did this as a four man team in 2011. We had a 3 hour changeover schedule which worked well. My number is 087 2392973 if you are looking to talk to anybody who has already done it. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glenn Daly

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds