Club league R2, 23rd April 2020

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #32190 by Dave Mc
Club league R2, 23rd April 2020 was created by Dave Mc
After the success of last night’s race we will be running 3 more rounds on RGT over the next 3 Thursday nights.

The plan for the moment is to take us past the current proposed end of the lockdown, but as that is subject to change so our plans will be too. Please note that these races aren’t counting towards the league, there are no points and no prizes so just come along for the fun, the training and the experience in that order, and when we know what the future will bring we’ll let you know what shape the rest of the league will take.

For next Thursday night we will be using the Borrego springs course, 4 laps of 7.7km, mostly flat and in a rough rectangle, so should be reasonably comparable to the Green sheds circuit. Usual start time of 19:00, though I recommend being in the pen at least 5 minutes beforehand.

As before, all club members who have the necessary kit are welcome to take part, registration link here:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If anyone wants to try out the circuit beforehand there are a few open races scheduled there before next Thursday; one at 15:00 tomorrow (Saturday) and 4 of them next Wednesday, at 01:00, 09:00, 15:00 and 18:00, otherwise it’s always open to spin non-racing laps anytime you like.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Dave Mc. Reason: Adding start time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, BarryR, Diarmuid Donnelly, Louise Keane, Dave Murnane, Fergal Quinn, Ken O'Neill, Michael Monahan, Darran Kearney, Shaun Kelly, Zoheb Khan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32202 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
For those who want to join this race but haven't yet set up RGT just follow the simple instructions in this post:

orwellwheelers.org/forum/racing/7717-set...o-join-the-club-race

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Louise Keane

More
3 years 11 months ago #32216 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
Apologies all, tomorrow’s race appears to have been deleted, I don’t know if it’s something I’ve done or something RGT has done. In any case, it’s back up with a new link
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
, if you had already registered you’ll need to register again for that one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR, Neal Hudson, Dave Murnane, Michael Monahan, Darran Kearney, Shaun Kelly, Zoheb Khan

More
3 years 11 months ago #32222 by Neal Hudson
Replied by Neal Hudson on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
Thanks for all the setup involved in this

Can non club members watch on the platform?

More
3 years 11 months ago #32224 by Dave Mc
Hi all, 28 riders in so far, all abilities in together. In the absence of handicapping I’m asking for the first lap to be kept neutralised, to give everyone the chance to get into it.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32225 by Dave Mc
Well done all, some great racing there, and there was no doubting the quality of the three men who got away.

I was obviously too late getting the message out about the neutralised lap, and very nearly got dropped from the outset myself. Apologies to anyone who got fired out the back before the neutral lap was done!

In the absence of a means to reliably handicap the race I think we will go with three separate races next week, but if anyone else has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Quinn, Luke Ginnell

More
3 years 11 months ago #32226 by Peadar Corbally
Replied by Peadar Corbally on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
A suggestion for the start given the issues with the in game timing clock and the neutralised lap this week would be just to have a count down/just declare the start using the messaging function on the app itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #32227 by Dave Mc
Results from round 2:
Distance: 30.9Km, Average speed 42.1km/h
1, Neal Hudson (1st Vet),
2, Ian Donnelly (1st non-Vet),
3, Padraic O'Flynn,
4, Michael Monahan,
5, Dave McLoughlin (1st leisure rider),
6, Colm O'Neill,
7, Jamie Busher,
8, Darran Kearney,
9, Shaun Kelly,
10, Luke Ginnell,
11, Fionn Sheridan,
12, Brian McArdle,
13, Ken O'Neill,
14, John McCormack,
15, Fergal Quinn,
16, Dick O'Brien,
17, Jules Cantwell,
18, Peadar Corbally,
19, Killian O'Brien,
20, Barry Redmond,
21, Dave Murnane,
22, Diarmuid Collins,
23, Aoife Parker Hedderman,
24, Colum Bradley,
25, Diarmuid Donnelly.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Dave Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Dave Murnane, Fergal Quinn, Ken O'Neill, Shaun Kelly

More
3 years 11 months ago #32228 by Dave Mc

A suggestion for the start given the issues with the in game timing clock and the neutralised lap this week would be just to have a count down/just declare the start using the messaging function on the app itself.

I had thought of using that to split it into groups, but the worry was that half of the riders wouldn't notice the message on the side of their screens. It only takes two or three riders to mess it up, and the ones who were following the cues get screwed then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peadar Corbally

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #32229 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
Thanks to Barry Redmond, Brian Mc and Neal Hudson for sharing their live feeds tonight - it was great being able to flick between the different parts of the race!

I even found myself yelling at my iPad as Ian and Neal chased Padraic down - they made the catch with 500m to go - Ian pressed on but Neal timed his sprint to perfection to win by a tyre width in the end!

There are photos on the club Facebook and twitter feed and a few below:

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Louise Keane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Darran Kearney, Shaun Kelly

More
3 years 11 months ago #32230 by Shaun Kelly
Replied by Shaun Kelly on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
Peadar, if the timing clock countdown is a problem, I read that that is a known bug and best to reduce your resolution to the lowest setting. It comes preset at medium and can be changed by clicked on the screen in top left corner of the app
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neal Hudson, Peadar Corbally, Michael Monahan

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #32237 by Darran Kearney
Replied by Darran Kearney on topic Club league R2, 23rd April 2020
On Zwift for the team time trials each team are given their own start time. You could give each handicap their own start time and essentially ignore the race clock.

For this they have no group starting at 0:00 so as to weed out people who aren't paying attention. They usually cop the problem when no one else is going and stop pedalling.

Then you can have first group off at +1:00 minute. On Zwift everyone uses tehir own clock to time this as the race clock will stay at 0:00 until you move. I think this would work for us too.

You tell each handicap group what their go time is and they go then at that time on their phone clock. Can also stick a quick message on the app message board giving a 20seconds warning?
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Darran Kearney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken O'Neill

Time to create page: 3.604 seconds