Live streaming RGT club races

More
3 years 11 months ago #32201 by BarryR
Live streaming RGT club races was created by BarryR
During last week's club race on RGT I livestreamed my screen on Discord, which gave non-racing club members something to look at. For this week's Thursday race it would be good if a few more race participants streamed their screens to allow spectators a choice of views. So if you'll be racing and you have a decent wifi and internet connection, and a reasonable computer, consider doing this. It's actually really easy to do, especially if you're already using Discord.

Here are the steps to livestream on Discord. Test this well before the race on Thursday to make sure it works as you expect.

1. Run RGT on your computer and phone and log in as normal.
  2. Run Discord on the same computer as the RGT main screen, and log in as normal.
  3. In Discord, select Orwell "Group ride banter" as normal.
  4. In Discord, click on "Go live" at the bottom just above your name and settings icons.
  5. In the window that pops up select "RGT screen".
  6. Click on the "Go live" button to confirm.

That's it. A red "Live" icon should now be visible beside your name in the participants list, and others can click on your name to see your RGT screen.

The more live streams we have during the race the more interesting for spectators, so give it a go.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Brian Mc, Diarmuid Donnelly, Louise Keane, Ken O'Neill, Michael Monahan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #32258 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Live streaming RGT club races
During last week's club race #2 on RGT we had 3 riders live streaming their race screen. It seemed to work extremely well. The race split more or less into 3 groups and we ended up with a stream from each group. Not sure exactly how many spectators we had but they were able to switch between the 3 streams and watch the race unfold. There was a lot of shouting on Discord during the sprint for the line!

So I'd encourage as many riders as we can get to stream round #3 on Thursday evening in Pienza, Tuscany. Just follow the instructions in the post above. Having spectators watch and shout from the 'roadside' adds to the race experience for all.

If you want to watch the race, just log in to Discord as normal before 7pm on Thursday evening. Select the Orwell "Group ride banter" voice channel, and click on names with the red "Live" icon beside them. It's probably better to do this on a computer rather than on a phone (I'm not sure if it even works on Discord on a phone?). You don't need anything else to watch the race, just Discord. No RGT, no Zwift, no trainer, nothing. Just log in to Discord. If you haven't used Discord yet, follow the simple instructions at the end of this post: orwellwheelers.org/forum/spins/7731-lunc...ay-29th-april-1-05pm

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by BarryR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Declan Quigley, Louise Keane

More
3 years 10 months ago #32327 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Live streaming RGT club races
Reminder to participants in club race #4 on RGT on Thursday evening to livestream their race screens on Discord if possible, as described above. The more we have the better for spectators.

And a reminder to spectators of how to watch the streams on Discord, see post above. This week it's a crit on a short aerodrome circuit, so lots happening and lots to watch. Shouting from the 'roadside' is encouraged.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Louise Keane

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds