Club league #4, 7th May 2020

More
3 years 11 months ago #32298 by Dave Mc
Club league #4, 7th May 2020 was created by Dave Mc
We will be returning to the 8Bar circuit in Berlin for the fourth round of our virtual club league, at the usual time of 19:00 next Thursday evening. It will be run as a 4 group CP, over a distance of 30 laps.

Read this bit first before registering!
The field will be split into four groups, Limit, Semi-limit, Semi-scratch and Scratch. No one is to go on zero, so the first group to go will be Limit, starting at 1 minute. Semi-limit will go at 2 minutes, Semi-scratch at 3:30 and Scratch at 4:30. In case anyone has problems with their clock being out of sync I will be posting prompts and countdowns on screen in the app, so watch the messages on the right hand side of the screen. If you should accidentally false start, just stop, wait for your group, and jump on when you're supposed to. I'll list the groups below, so make sure you know what group you are supposed to be in, if you have any questions just ask.

Link for registering:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

As an aside, I know that's going to be more than a lap of a handicap for S-S and S, but since unlike Corkagh park we can't crash that is likely to considerably add to the entertainment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR, Dick O'Brien, Diarmuid Collins, Louise Keane, Dave Murnane, Michael Monahan, Ian Devlin, Shaun Kelly, Aoife Parker-Hedderman, Zoheb Khan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32328 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Club league #4, 7th May 2020
Groups for tomorrow night are here now. Please remember that it is a 4 group handicap, and that it will be up to each rider to check what groups they are in. As with last week, just make sure that you're not pedalling when the clock hits zero, and I'll give prompts on the right hand side of the screen for each of the groups.

00:00- Nobody goes, everyone stops pedalling.

01:00- Limit
Aoife Parker Hedderman,
Barry Redmond,
Beata Golczak,
Colum Bradley,
Dave Murnane,
Diarmuid Donnelly,
Gillian McDarby,
Zoheb Kahn.

02:00- Semi-limit
Dick O'Brien,
Fergal Quinn,
John McCormack,
Jonathan Coffey,
Jules Cantwell,
Kilian Doyle,
Michael Hanley,
Peadar Corbally.

03:30- Semi-scratch
Brian McArdle,
Colm O'Neill,
Darran Kearney,
Diarmuid Collins,
Dmitri Griffin,
Fionn Sheridan,
Jonathan McKeown,
Ken O'Neill,
Killian O'Brien,
Martyn Holmes,
Paul Kane,
Robbie Dolan,
Shane Toman.

04:30- Scratch
Dave McLoughlin,
Henning Luebberding,
Ian Devlin,
Ian Donnelly,
Jamie Busher,
Luke Ginnell,
Michael Monahan,
Neal Hudson,
Padraic O'Flynn,
Shaun Kelly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diarmuid Collins, Michael Monahan, Darran Kearney, Shaun Kelly, Aoife Parker-Hedderman

More
3 years 11 months ago #32331 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Club league #4, 7th May 2020
I'm fairly sure that's getting harder each week. Well done to Dick who took the chance when it was given, soloing nearly the entire race to just hold off the chasing scratch men at the end. Special commiserations to Barry Redmond who held the lead on the run in to the finish after a few 8 and 9 W/Kg laps, only to run out of steam just before the finish line ;-)

1, Dick O'Brien (SL);
2, Luke Ginnell (S);
3, Neal Hudson (S);
4, John McCormack (SL);
5, Peadar Corbally (SL);
6, Padraic O'Flynn (S);
7, Fionn Sheridan (SS);
8, Brian McArdle (SS);
9, Killian O'Brien (SS);
10, Michael Monahan (S);
11, Darran Kearney (SS);
12, Aoife Parker Hedderman (L);
13, Ian Donnelly (S);
14, Barry Redmond (L);
15, Diarmuid Collins (SS);
16, Killian Doyle (SL);
17, Dave McLoughlin (S);
18, Jonathan Coffey (SL);
19, Ken O'Neill (SS);
20, Ian Devlin (S).

Well done and thank you to everyone who has given it a go so far. That is the last of our pre season races, but we do have plans for the next phase of the league while we are waiting to get back out on the road, which we will be announcing over the weekend. Watch this space.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR, Dave Murnane, Fergal Quinn, Michael Monahan, Ian Devlin, Aoife Parker-Hedderman

More
3 years 11 months ago #32332 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Club league #4, 7th May 2020
After a few power data dropouts, I somehow managed to convince my power meter to report approx double power values about two thirds way through the race, and got addicted to my new found ability to fly past everyone. It's very hard to voluntarily give up a superpower but eventually I realised I'd never get away with claiming that it was all down to 12 days training in Calpe :-(

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Fergal Quinn

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds