Virtual Christmas Race - 19th of December - Open to all

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #34198 by Dick O'Brien
Hi folks,
We won't be having our traditional Christmas Race this year, but we are arranging a virtual one instead on RGT.

Saturday 19th of December, 10am
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
4 Laps - 23.2km
Handicapped groups

Those who did the club league this year will be familiar with RGT. For those that haven't used it before, you'll need an account with RGT ( www.rgtcycling.com ), install both a phone and screen app (tablet or laptop), and will need some sort of power measuring device in addition to your turbo trainer, either a power meter or a smart trainer.

I'll run the race based on the club league handicapped groups. If you haven't raced before, I'll put you in a novices group which will get the maximum handicap. If you have raced before, but didn't do the league this year, I'll put you in what I think is the most suitable group. If you've used RGT before, you'll know it's pretty realistic in terms of drafting, so rewards co-operation within groups.

If you want to race, use the following link to register:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Dick O'Brien.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neal Hudson, Fergal Quinn, Darran Kearney, Ian Devlin, Barry Greene

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #34225 by Gary Somers
can I race using the free version of rgt? Thanks

More
3 years 4 months ago #34226 by John Anslow
Gary
I was able to register using free version.
Touch and go whether i'll make it though
J

More
3 years 4 months ago #34228 by Dick O'Brien
Yes, you should be able to register with a free account.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
3 years 4 months ago #34230 by Dick O'Brien
Another update. For each person who enters the Christmas race, the club will donate €5 to charity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Quinn, Darran Kearney

More
3 years 4 months ago #34246 by BarryR
Is it possible to warm up on the circuit? Silverstone is not listed in the routes available to me (free account).

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
3 years 4 months ago #34247 by Dick O'Brien
Good question Barry. It's a Magic Road circuit. The code is 0xmDCNTtQfCc, although I'm not sure non-subscribers can set-up their own rides on them.

Plenty of cornering on the circuit, but it's by no means as technical as the Templehof one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR

More
3 years 4 months ago #34251 by Dick O'Brien
Here are the groups and handicaps for tomorrows race. Don't move off the line until it's time for your group to go.

I'll update the list with any late entries, but anyone who isn't given a group should go in whichever group they've done the league in. If you're a first time, just go with at zero with L/SL.

Limit/Semi Limit: 0:00
Barry Redmond
Fergal Quinn
John Anslow

Semi-Scratch: 2 minutes
Dick O'Brien
Darran Kearney
Stephen McNally
Ian Devlin

Scratch: 3 minutes
Neal Hudson
Luke Ginnell
Ian Donnelly
Shaun Kelly

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Quinn

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #34254 by BarryR
Thanks Dick, but it looks like you need a paid (Premium) account to ride the circuit before the event.

In the RGT app go to Magic Roads -> Add a new route, and enter the code. Then Silverstone appears in the Library, but like all the Magic Road routes you need a Premium account to ride it. Might see if I can go Premium and cancel it before 14 day free trial ends.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by BarryR. Reason: clarification

More
3 years 4 months ago #34259 by John Anslow
Sorry all
Was set up and did a warm up but then couldn't switch/change/find the event until I restarted everything which was too late
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dick O'Brien

More
3 years 4 months ago #34260 by Dick O'Brien
Well done to all who participated in our Christmas Race. Despite a small field, it was a fairly tense affair throughout.

The race was won by Stephen McNally, who established a strong front group with Fergal Quinn early in the race. Despite some committed chasing from myself, Ian Devlin and Darran Kearney, we never managed to close the gap. Stephen launched a late attack in the final kilometre to take the race with Fergal coming home second and the three chasers contesting the sprint for third.

Results
1. Stephen McNally
2. Fergal Quinn
3. Dick O'Brien
4. Ian Devlin
5. Darran Kearney
6. Barry Redmond

Results on the app are a bit garbled, so I may have accidentally reversed Ian and Darran's placings

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal Quinn

More
3 years 4 months ago #34261 by Stephen McNally
Replied by Stephen McNally on topic Virtual Christmas Race - 19th of December - Open to all
Thanks Dick for organising this race!

I'm honestly only seeing the handicap group list now, for the first time.
I just went on the countdown, never thought about handicaps, given so few on the startline, my first ever RGT race, noob error :-)

Happy Christmas to all!

More
3 years 4 months ago #34262 by Fergal Quinn

Well done to all who participated in our Christmas Race. Despite a small field, it was a fairly tense affair throughout.

The race was won by Stephen McNally, who established a strong front group with Fergal Quinn early in the race. Despite some committed chasing from myself, Ian Devlin and Darran Kearney, we never managed to close the gap. Stephen launched a late attack in the final kilometre to take the race with Fergal coming home second and the three chasers contesting the sprint for third.

Results
1. Stephen McNally
2. Fergal Quinn
3. Dick O'Brien
4. Ian Devlin
5. Darran Kearney
6. Barry Redmond

Results on the app are a bit garbled, so I may have accidentally reversed Ian and Darran's placings

Well done, Stephen and thanks Dick for organising. Happy Christmas to all and hopefully a better new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
3 years 4 months ago #34264 by Shaun Kelly
Sorry I missed it lads. Updated the apps and tested them fine last night but couldn't get it going this morning

More
3 years 4 months ago #34265 by Ian Devlin
Thanks for organising Dick. Great sprint at the end there. Happy Christmas all.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds