Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am

More
3 years 5 months ago #33978 by BarryR
Sunday's no-drop club ride (meetup) on Zwift will be the London "Triple Loop" route, starting at 10.30 am.

The ride will take 60 to 90 minutes depending on how many strong riders we have to pull us all along! You can drop out during it if you're short of time. A recent change in Zwift means you can join the ride up to 30 minutes after it has started, but you can't join it after that.

All welcome, no matter what level of rider, and from Zwift first timers to hardened old hands. Zwift's "no-drop" function means the group will stay together no matter how hard you ride on the front or how easy you take it on the back. If you need help getting set up for Zwift just post a question below. We're here to help.

Join the Ride

First, make sure you're following Orwell Wheelers on Zwift. Use the "Zwift companion app" on your phone to find "Orwell Wheelers" and follow it.

Second, just post your Zwift name below and you'll receive an invitation on the Zwift companion app on your phone. Don't forget to accept the invitation so that you can join the ride.

Then just get set up and log in to Zwift 10 or 15 minutes before 10.30 on Sunday morning. Start riding on any route, and a few minutes before 10.30am a message will pop up asking if you want to join the meetup.

Ride banter

We'll be using Discord for voice chat during the ride. The club has used this successfully for chat during many online activities. If you haven't tried it yet give it a go this time. It adds hugely to your ride experience, and it's really easy to set up - just install the software , create an account, and click on the link below.

If you've already joined the Orwell Discord channel then all you have to do is log in to Discord again before the ride. This is the same Discord channel that was used before, so if you joined the voice channel then you only have to log in again..

If you haven't yet joined the Orwell Discord channel, then install the Discord app on your computer or phone, create an account for yourself, and then click on this link:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If there's a choice, select "open with Discord". If required, select "Join". Click on the Orwell yellow O icon. There is a text channel and a voice channel. To get to the voice channel, click on the menu icon (3-lines) if necessary, then under "Voice channels" click on "Group ride banter". If requested, grant Discord the permissions it needs to use your microphone and speakers.

Reconnect to the Discord channel before our ride starts by logging back in to Discord and selecting "Group ride banter" as above. There's no need to keep the Discord app displayed, it will work perfectly well in the background or with the screen off.

Headphones or earbuds + microphone are strongly recommended. You'll hear better, and others will hear you better. Please try to keep your microphone muted when you're not talking, to avoid unnecessary noises from trainers, pets, children etc being heard by everyone.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Twomey, Fergal O'Sullivan, Louise Keane, Fergal Quinn, Ken Moloney, Aoife Parker-Hedderman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #33979 by Fergal Quinn
Replied by Fergal Quinn on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry,

Thanks for organising.

Can you put my name down for Sunday please?

Fergal Quinn

More
3 years 5 months ago #33980 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Me too please:)
Louise

More
3 years 5 months ago #33983 by David O'Halloran
Replied by David O'Halloran on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry,

Please put my name down for sunday

Thanks

David

More
3 years 5 months ago #33987 by Aoife Parker-Hedderman
Replied by Aoife Parker-Hedderman on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Please send the zwift invite to me too.

Aoife Parker-Hedderman

More
3 years 5 months ago #33988 by John Anslow
Replied by John Anslow on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
John Anslow

Thanks BR

More
3 years 5 months ago #33989 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry

Can you add me to the list please.

More
3 years 5 months ago #33990 by Tom Crotty
Replied by Tom Crotty on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry I'd like to join - first Zwift spin. Thanks, Tom

More
3 years 5 months ago #33991 by Ken Moloney
Replied by Ken Moloney on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Thanks Barry, I’d like to join.

Ken Moloney

More
3 years 5 months ago #33992 by Joss Tanner
Replied by Joss Tanner on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Can I put my name down too please

Thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #33993 by Stephen McNally
Replied by Stephen McNally on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry, can you send me an invite too.
Thanks,
Stephen.

More
3 years 5 months ago #33994 by John B McElligott
Replied by John B McElligott on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Thanks for organising.

Please add me to this.

Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #33995 by Martin Peters
Replied by Martin Peters on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi,
Daragh Peters too

Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #33996 by Declan Quigley
Replied by Declan Quigley on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hey Barry,
Can you add me too? Cheers for organising.

More
3 years 5 months ago #33997 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Thanks Barry. Can you add me as well?

More
3 years 5 months ago #33998 by Muirna Walsh
Replied by Muirna Walsh on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry
Would you mind adding me too ?
Thanks for organising.
Regards
Muirna

More
3 years 5 months ago #33999 by BarryR
Still time to join this club ride this morning. Just add a post below. All welcome. Chat (or just listen) on Discord.

The nearest thing you'll get to a social group ride.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

More
3 years 5 months ago #34000 by Peadar Corbally
Replied by Peadar Corbally on topic Zwift club ride, Sunday 1st November, 10.30am
Hi Barry

Could you add me Peadar

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds