Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am

More
3 years 4 months ago #34110 by BarryR
Our series of lockdown club rides continues this Sunday morning at 10.30am on Zwift's New York "Everything Bagel" route . If you're feeling the need for a little social cycling this is for you.

The ride will take about an hour and a quarter. A recent change in Zwift means you can join the ride up to 30 minutes after it has started, but you can't join it after that. You can drop out during it if you're short of time.

All welcome, any age, any level, and from Zwift first timers to hardened old hands. Zwift's "no-drop" magic means you can set your own pace and still stay with the group. No matter how hard they ride on the front or how easy you take it on the back you won't get dropped.

If you haven't tried a Zwift meetup before, or even if you haven't used Zwift before, this is an ideal way to start. If you need help getting set up for Zwift look at recent posts here in the forum, or just post a question below. We're here to help.

Join the Ride

1. Make sure you're following Orwell Wheelers on Zwift. Use the "Zwift companion app" on your phone to find "Orwell Wheelers" and follow it.

2. Just post your Zwift name below and you'll receive an invitation on the Zwift companion app on your phone.

3. Don't forget to accept the invitation so that you can join the ride.

Then just get set up and log in to Zwift 10 or 15 minutes before the meetup is scheduled to start. The extra time is to allow for things you've forgotten, things that aren't working as they should, and Zwift updates that may be needed. Start riding on any route, and a few minutes before the start time a message will pop up asking if you want to join the meetup.

Join the chat

We'll be using Discord for voice chat during the ride. If you've already joined the Orwell Discord channel then all you have to do is log in to Discord again before the ride.

If you haven't yet joined the Orwell Discord channel, then click on the link below, follow the instructions to create a Discord account for yourself and to install the Discord app on your computer or phone.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If required, select "Join". Click on the Orwell yellow O icon. There is a text channel and a voice channel. To get to the voice channel, click on the menu icon (3-lines) if necessary, then under "Voice channels" click on "Group ride banter". If requested, grant Discord the permissions it needs to use your microphone and speakers.

Before our ride starts log back in to Discord and selecting "Group ride banter" as above. There's no need to keep the Discord app displayed, it will work perfectly well in the background or with the screen off.

Headphones or earbuds + microphone are strongly recommended. You'll hear better, and others will hear you better. If you want to use wireless Bluetooth headphones or earbuds for Discord it's best to have Discord on your phone rather than on your computer. Please try to keep your microphone muted when you're not talking, to avoid background noises from trainers, pets, children etc being heard by everyone.

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #34118 by Muirna Walsh
Replied by Muirna Walsh on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Count myself and John in.
Thanks for organising Barry.
Regards
Muirna

More
3 years 4 months ago #34120 by John Murray
Replied by John Murray on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
I am back for more again Barry so add me please

Thanks for organising

John

More
3 years 4 months ago #34123 by BarryR
Real life forecast looking very cold for tomorrow morning, so instead of riding in a small 5km circle on your own in the cold why not join the club spin on Zwift.

And if your motivation to get on the bike is drooping a bit recently then just put your name down for the spin. There's nothing like joining a group to get your mojo going again.

Lastly, if you have a structured training session planned for tomorrow why not do it while riding with the no-drop meetup in Zwift. You can do a Zwift workout, or you can even do a TrainerRoad or other workout at the same time as Zwift. If using TrainerRoad or similar to control your workout while riding Zwift just make sure that TR is controlling your trainer resistance, and that Zwift is not controlling it.

Add your name below.

More
3 years 4 months ago #34124 by Fergal O'Sullivan
Replied by Fergal O'Sullivan on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Hi Barry

Thanks for organising these for all of us.

Can you include me in the spin tomorrow

More
3 years 4 months ago #34126 by John Healy
Replied by John Healy on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Appreciate if you could put me in the pot
Thanks for organizing
Regards John

More
3 years 4 months ago #34127 by Barry O'Brien
Replied by Barry O'Brien on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Hey Barry,

Can you add me to this spin please, I haven’t joined a club Zwift spin since the first lockdown, I need to get back into the routine!

Thanks,
Barry

More
3 years 4 months ago #34128 by Tom Crotty
Replied by Tom Crotty on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Hi Barry, please add me if not too late. Thanks, Tom Crotty

More
3 years 4 months ago #34129 by BarryR
Still not too late - requests accepted up to about 10.15 but the sooner the better.

More
3 years 4 months ago #34130 by Ian Anderson
Replied by Ian Anderson on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Hi Barry
Thanks again for setting these up and can you add me for this morning
Ian

More
3 years 4 months ago #34132 by Peadar Corbally
Replied by Peadar Corbally on topic Lockdown club spin Sunday 22nd November 10.30am
Hi Barry could you add me
Peadar

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds