Club League 2016 deadline for entries

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #14233 by Dick O'Brien
Club League 2016 deadline for entries was created by Dick O'Brien
Hi everyone,
Just a reminder that the deadline for entries for this year's club league is February 28. Anyone who doesn't sign up by that date won't be able to participate. We've already got a huge number of entries, so we definitely won't be extending the deadline or taking any late entries.

Anyone who didn't do the marshaling training course last year will have to attend marshal training night this year in order to race. This includes new entrants and people who have raced before, but didn't race last year. Details on the marshal training night will be published shortly.

If you're signing up to the league, please bear in mind that that you're committing yourself to do two evenings of marshaling. We need everyone to do their bit and take their turn marshaling in order for the races to go ahead.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Dick O'Brien.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Brian Mc, Fergal O'Sullivan, Donal O'Connor
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #14245 by Aidan Hammond
Replied by Aidan Hammond on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Hi Dick, not sure if i put my name down when i was renewing membership! Can you check for me.
Thanks
Aidan
More
8 years 2 months ago #14247 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries

Hi Dick, not sure if i put my name down when i was renewing membership! Can you check for me.
Thanks
Aidan

I can confirm you're signed up for the league Aidan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aidan Hammond, Dick O'Brien
More
8 years 2 months ago #14248 by Dick O'Brien
Replied by Dick O'Brien on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
You can pay your entry fee along with your 2016 club membership fee or, if you've already joined for the year, you can make a separate payment of the €30 league fee.

What's the club league?
The club league is a series of races for Orwell Members run mostly on Thursday evenings during the spring and summer months. The league is one of the best routes into racing. The races are run on quiet circuits, involve smaller bunches and it gives newcomers a chance to find their feet in a less intimidating environment. It's a great competition and has a nice, sociable atmosphere since a lot of club members will ride out and back from races together. The race programme is fairly varied and we have a mix of criteriums, road races and time trials.

Entry requirements
There's a couple of very important steps you'll need to take in order to take part:
  1. Get your entry in before February 28.
  2. Have a Cycling Ireland Limited Competition or Open Competition Licence. If you've already got a Non-Competition Licence, you can change you licence online at the Cycling Ireland website and paying the difference in fees. If you have an IVCA Licence, that will cover you too.
  3. If you haven't already done it last year, complete the compulsory marshaling training course. This applies to all racers, both new and returning.
  4. Marshal two races. All league members will need to marshal two races and, if they can't make an allotted night, organise a replacement.
Marshaling
This is very important to note, since sometimes newcomers don't realise what's involved. The league is run by a team of volunteers from the club, but the races can't be run unless every league participant does their bit and marshals two races. By signing up to the league, you're agreeing to fulfill two night's marshaling. Not showing up causes serious problems for your clubmates. Races either get cancelled or someone else has to give up their race to replace you.

If you can't make an allotted night, you can use the club forum to organise a swap with someone else. Most of the time, you'll find someone else looking to change. If you can't find a replacement, then you'll to ask a friend to do you a favour and fill in. If something comes up at short notice, please do try to text or email the race organisers and let them know you're not going to be there.

If you miss a marshaling slot, you'll be suspended from the league and have to apply to the committee for readmission.

Newcomers
If you're new to racing and considering doing the league, I'll be running an Introduction to Club League Racing session in Corkagh Park on Saturday February 20 at 11am. More details here .

If anyone has any questions about the league, leave them below and myself or another committee member will do our best to answer.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
More
8 years 2 months ago #14249 by Stephen Barry
Replied by Stephen Barry on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Thanks Dick - similar to Aidan - I can't recall if I signed up - any chance you intend to post a list of participants before the deadline?
More
8 years 2 months ago #14250 by Dick O'Brien
One thing we're planning to do this year is introduce a women's competition within the league. We haven't worked out the exact details yet, but we'll announce them here when we do.

It should be possible to post a list of who's signed up so far alright. I'll try get something in the next day or two.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Declan Quigley, David Maher, Stephen O'Shea
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #14251 by Brian Mc
You're in there alright Stephen.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dick O'Brien, Peadar Corbally, Stephen Barry, Freddie Stevens
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #14252 by Daragh Boyd
Replied by Daragh Boyd on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Hi Brian, I've already paid up, will you add me to the list also.
Daragh
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Daragh Boyd.
More
8 years 2 months ago #14260 by Seán Murnane
Replied by Seán Murnane on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
I signed up for the league but didn't pay as I am a junior. Please add me to the list the same thing happened last year :)
More
8 years 2 months ago #14261 by Eoin Byrne
Replied by Eoin Byrne on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Same with me.
Thanks
More
8 years 2 months ago #14374 by Dick O'Brien

I signed up for the league but didn't pay as I am a junior. Please add me to the list the same thing happened last year :)

Same with me.
Thanks

Just got the most recent version of the list. You're both on it.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14375 by Dick O'Brien

Hi Brian, I've already paid up, will you add me to the list also.
Daragh

You're there too Daragh.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14386 by Niall Kieran
Replied by Niall Kieran on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Hi, I paid up for racing membership, not sure if am signed up for league, if not can you add me to the list. Thanks
Niall
More
8 years 2 months ago #14394 by Dick O'Brien
Hi Niall,
You're signed up for the league alright.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14479 by Brian McNamara
Replied by Brian McNamara on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Hi - I signed up (just last Tuesday 16th of last week) and paid membership and league fee on the EventBrite system - I have full IVCA racing licence - can I be also added to the list please, thanks in advance
More
8 years 2 months ago #14528 by Jonathan O'Brien
Replied by Jonathan O'Brien on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Hi,

I am trying to sign up to the Club League on the Eventbrite platform from the link above but cannot select the 'Club League - Senior Member option' to process payment.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Johnny
More
8 years 2 months ago #14531 by Brian Mc

Hi,

I am trying to sign up to the Club League on the Eventbrite platform from the link above but cannot select the 'Club League - Senior Member option' to process payment.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I'll look into that now.
More
8 years 2 months ago #14542 by Brian Mc
That should be open again now, minor mistake on our end!
More
8 years 2 months ago #14547 by Jonathan O'Brien
Replied by Jonathan O'Brien on topic Club League 2016 deadline for entries
Thanks Brian. Signed up there without any issue.

Can I be added to the list above if possible?
More
8 years 2 months ago #14548 by Brian Mc

Can I be added to the list above if possible?

I'll post another list the day before the deadline so people can double-check they've signed up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian McNamara, Daragh Boyd, Jonathan O'Brien
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds