No Wednesday Zwift this week...

More
3 years 11 months ago #32431 by BarryR
No Wednesday Zwift this week... was created by BarryR
As the Zwift no-drop function is broken (see forums.zwift.com/t/keep-together-broken-...s-v-1-0-50775/466474) I'm not arranging a Zwift club spin this Wednesday.

If it's fixed before Wednesday I'll reconsider. Sunday's ride fragmented very quickly, which is not the objective. It's only when something is taken away that you realise how much you relied on it!

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Dave Murnane, Barry O'Brien, Colin Costello

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32432 by Leonard Kaye
Replied by Leonard Kaye on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
Thanks Barry
Yep, for me, it's the no drop function that adds to the enjoyment.

Thanks for organsing it all.

I'm ready to go, for Wed, if it's sorted.

Cheers,
Leonard
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane

More
3 years 11 months ago #32434 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
That makes sense Barry, hopefully they get it fixed soon!

Personally Ive loved the social aspect of these Zwift spins - it’s great to feel part of the group and have the banter on discord.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32437 by David Keane
Replied by David Keane on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
Barry,

Thank you very much for your efforts in organising these spins. Although I haven't managed to get myself sorted out properly on Discord yet, I very much enjoy the sense of a group ride that the 'no drop' function provides.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32438 by David Keane
Replied by David Keane on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
Barry,

Thank you very much for your efforts in organising these spins. Although I haven't managed to get myself sorted out properly on Discord yet, I very much enjoy the sense of a group ride that the 'no drop' function provides.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #32448 by Emma Convey
Replied by Emma Convey on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
Hi Barry

I think the ‘no drop’ when not working actually fragments the group much more than a normal untethered group ride.

I’ve done a few as ‘meet-up only view’ spins without the malfunctioning no drop and it’s better.

Of course it is challenging to keep the group together, but if you can only see the people on the ride, rather than the other thousands on the road, it’s ok.

Anyone late can still join the group by opting to ride with someone on the meet-up.

The ‘no drop’ is great, so hopefully Zwift will repair it soon!
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Emma Convey. Reason: Typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR

More
3 years 11 months ago #32449 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
Thanks Emma. I've seen reports similar to yours, and also some that effects are unpredictable.

I got a message from Zwift Insider this morning that they have no information on when it is likely to be fixed (they have good contacts inside Zwift).

Unfortunately it seems that it might not be fixed until the next scheduled Zwift update, which could be another 3 or 4 weeks. They very rarely rush out a fix for software bugs. Their software development process appears to be less than ideal.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32456 by Luke GJ Potter
Replied by Luke GJ Potter on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
For Sunday, we could just say that there will be a meetup (without keep everyone together) and riders can split into two advertised paced groups; a 1.5wkg group and a 2.5wkg group.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32458 by BarryR
Could work, but I've made different plans for myself for Sunday. Do you want to run a Zwift spin on Sunday? If yes, I can do the registration and invites via the Orwell Zwift account and you could be ride boss? Or if anyone else wants a Zwift group ride organised just let me know.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32459 by BarryR
I see that Zwift issued an update in the last 24 hours, but the information about it so far only mentions fixing the Training Peaks connection issues. No mention so far of fixing anything else.

More
3 years 11 months ago #32460 by Colin Costello
Replied by Colin Costello on topic No Wednesday Zwift this week...
The keep together function wasn't fixed in this the last update, most insiders seem to think it won't rollout until end-of-month cumulative update is released despite quite a bit of noise. You can only imagine that their environment is most likely very ‘agile’ multi-project based so ‘forward only’ is their ideology roll-back is just not an option available. It's unfortunate as quite a few people posibly signed up with this feature as one of the key reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BarryR

More
3 years 11 months ago #32464 by BarryR
All the visible evidence suggests that Zwift's software evolved rather than was designed. Shows all the symptoms of lack of a decent architecture.

That said, it does look like we might get a fix for no-drop within a few days. This message was posted last night on the Zwift forum:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye, Paul Tighe

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds